PDA

View Full Version : WDW in the 1st week of December??

Live4WDW
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
DW and I are staying at WDW Nov 30- Dec 5 Is it still some what warm there around that time? Am hoping that maybe a water park visit is not out of the question due to a chill in the air, also from what I have read on different posts' it seems ( hopefully ) that it might not be too crowded at this time.. Is there anything that might be sort've a downside for a visit during this time of year? Thanks a bunch:mickey:

faline
05-12-2009, 07:41 PM
We've experienced lovely weather in early December and have often spent time at the pool and could easily have also spent time at a water park. On the other hand, we've had days and/or trips in which the weather would have just been too chilly.

December weather is quite variable and can be quite cold.

Beast_fanatic
05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Early December is not nearly as uncrowded as it once was, so you may experience heavier crowds than you expect. As faline said, the weather can be quite unpredictable. The filming of the Christmas parade is generally the first weekend in December which can cause difficulties maneuvering that park at that time. Pop Warner has their super bowl and cheerleading champrionships in early to mid-December - they usually start the first Saturday of the month. Pop Warner doesn't usually impact the crowds that much, but you may experience loud unruly kids in the parks (cheering loudly just after Illuminations is quite annoying) and at some of the resorts (mainly All Stars and Port Orleans).

It is a very festive atmosphere with the decorations though.

ransam
05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
it's a great time to go...like mentioned it's very festive, and like vacationing in a post card it's so pretty.
It can get cold though at night... the first night we were there our luggage hadn't arrived and i had no jacket. We had reservations at the flying fish, and i have to say, i was down right freezing until I bought a sweatshirt...
the rest of the week i t hink there was only one day i wore shorts..the rest long pants...if you're gonna be there all day, definitly bring a sweatshirt...At night it did get cold...

but you'll love it, we go every year and last year was our first during the christmas time frame, and that's the only time we'll go now.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
When we were there the first week of Dec. we experienced all kinds of weather. It was raining cats & dogs and cold. It was raining & warm. The sun was out and it was warm. At night though it could get quite cool if not downright cold. If I remember, my nephew did go swimming during the day.

disnewbie
05-17-2009, 12:36 AM
We've been during that time, and I think my best advice on swimming is... If you're from the North, you'll think it's fine (all the pools are heated). If you're from the South, you'll probably think it's cold. ~ lol ~ We're from Texas and my kids wanted to know why "those other families were swimming"... I told them that it was too chilly (60's isn't warm enough for me to get in- lol!). :D

Harriet
05-17-2009, 03:57 AM
The first week or 2 of DECEMBER is a great time to go. But as mention you need to plan around the 2 events as the tapping of the parade and pop warner. As for the weather it is a toss up. It can be cold or warm. I have had both. One year it was freezing another time it was hot and cold. So you just need to go with the flow and plan alternate things based on the weather.

RAIDER
05-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Ive been on the first to second week in Dec for that past 9 years and the weather is normally ok especially in the early part of the day . The past few years in early Dec have been glorious .
As for crowds in the car . WDW during the first 2 weeks are so quiet . You can get on most rides easily .I wouldnt go at any other time personally . :)
Have a great time were going down there again at this time as usual this year:thumbsup:

acetate
05-17-2009, 03:01 PM
At the risk of sounding like a newbie, what is "pop warner"? Never heard that before. Thanks.

faline
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Pop Warner is the youth football league. They have their superbowl in Disney World every year in early December. They also have cheerleading championships at the same time.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Crowds are fine. I live in Port charlotte (2.5 hrs south). Last year I had 2 frosts in Nov. on my golf course. Yes...extremely rare, but its Florida. We have a saying.............There are only two types of people that try to predict florida weather, one is the weather man, the other.............(sorry cant post it!) good luck! Have fun!!:mickey:

acetate
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the football/cheerleading crowd. We may have to readjust our plans.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
We'll be there the first week in December. From experience I'm bringing bathing suits, coats, tank tops, gloves, shorts, winter scarves...
:mickey: