PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go home... Day 1

gauvin4
05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Rick-DH42 (Ever so patient with his Disney obsessed wife)
Marissa-DD17 (our soon to be High School Graduate)
Kyle-DS15 (Just turned 15 the week before)
Debbie-Me (Will find any excuse to plan a trip to Disney)

Dates May 6-10

We (me & DD) decided about 3-4 weeks before departure day that it was necessary to take a trip to Disney to celebrate her upcoming graduation. It was a long winter here in the Northeast and we were itching for some warm weather. This is a quick trip and this kids only wanted to visit DHS and Blizzard Beach. Not exactly what I would have chosen but this trip is all about them.

Day 1- Up at 2:00 am, yes you read that right 2:00 to catch our 6:00 am flight out of Portland, Maine (about an hour and a half from where we live). The Flights were uneventful. We got in line for ME and were off to POFQ. Check in was a breeze. Our room wasn't ready yet so we grabbed some lunch at the food court. We had packed our bathing suits in our carry on so we changed and sat by the pool for a while.

About 3pm we checked with the front desk and our room was ready, room 7237. When we get there we realize it is right beside the room we stayed in 2007. We thought it was funny. :blush:

After showers for all, we took the boat to DtD to catch Cirque du Soliel. I have seen this show but Rick and the kids hadn't. As expected it was fabulous. DH thought it was the best done show he has ever seen. My son didn't say a word for the entire show, which means he was totally mesmarized. If you have not seen Cirque, I would highly recommend it. It is worth the money. There is not a bad seat in the house. WE LOVED IT!!!

After the show we hit a few stores and then headed back to POFQ via riverboat. Marissa gave her Boyfriend a call while the rest of us headed to the food court for an ice cream. We got back to the room about 9:00 and Marissa was already sleeping. It didn't take the rest of us very long to hit the hay either. Getting up at 2am isn't fun.

Tomorow DHS

faline
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Cirque is a great way to start your trip but you certainly had a very long day!

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Good start!!:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I have always wanted to see Cirque Du Soliel. Some day. Sounds like a good start.

princessgirls
05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the report!

A great day!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: