PDA

View Full Version : Back in the real world

barbiegirl314
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
We were at the world from 5/1 - 5/10 and I have to say it was one of the best trips we've had.:mickey:

DH thought it was too hot ( lo 90's most days but no humidity) but I love the warm weather so I was loving it.:cool:

Cast: Myself
DH
DS 3
DS 12
My mom

Some of our highlights:

5/2 Princess Breakfast at CRT (8:30 ressies). We have 2 DS ages 3 and 12. Wasn't sure about this one when I booked it since I have boys but my 3 yo loved meeting the love of his life...Cinderella and the Princesses all flirted w/my 12 yo who was trying to act like he's to cool and grown up for that, he loved it!:blush:

After breakfast we hit the parks. We walked right on to Peter pan, then hit Small World, Cinderella's Carousal, Mickey's Philamagic, Goofy's Coaster and then saw the Pixies in Pixie Hollow (again the Pixies flirting with 12 yo DS and him loving it). Took a break and spent afternoon at the pool (off site at time share resort). Back about 6:00 for supper at Casey's (yummy) more rides and caught spectro-magic and wishes.

5/3 Epcot. Was amazed at the topiraries there! We did Spaceship Earth and I loved the changes at the end. P/u our Kim possible missions and headed over to Journey into Imagination, p/u Soarin' FP (it was for between 4:30 and 5:30 which worked out perfect w/ our 6:00 Garden Grill ressie). Went over and did some of the countries and went back at 5:15 for Soarin'. I've never done this before and I loved it!My mom is afraid of heights so she wasn't so crazy about it. Both kids and grownups had a great time at dinner.The character interaction was great and the food was good, not fantastic, but good. After dinner we did Test Track (20 min. stand by) then got our spot for illuminations. Another great day.

5/4 Hollywood Studios. We got FP for Toy Story at about 10:30 and had to be back between 3:00 and 4:00, didn't think that was bad. We did Disney Playhouse, Indiana Jones Stunt Show (I got picked as an extra! :) ) Star Wars, Great Movie Ride, Muppets in 3-D, DS 12 saw the Club Penguin character, and then back to Toy Story. Wrapped up day with dinner at Olive Garden and a swim in the pool.

5/5 Stayed at resort: swimming, tanning, playground. Had 5:00 dinner ressie at T-Rex in DTD. DS 3 thought it was to loud and didn't like it at all. I thought it was okay but a bit over priced. Did some shopping and wrapped up the evening w/ icecream at Ghiradelli's.

5/6 Back to the MK. Walked onto Pirates and went to see Country Bear Jamboree. Did Splash Mountain and then it was off to lunch at CP w/ Pooh and Friends. Great food and great interaction w/ the characters. After lunch hit BTM and Tom Sawyer Island. Saw the Celebration Parade and then headed back to the resort after some shopping on Main Street.

5/7 Back to Epcot. Rode Finding Nemo and DS 3 loved looking for Nemo in all the fish tanks afterwards. Then set off to finish the visiting all the countries that we didn't get to in WS before. Off course stopped of in Mexico for a :marg: and some nachos. Finished off the night w/ a swim back at the resort.

5/8 slept in and spent the morning at the pool. headed to MK about 2:00 and went to Tony's hoping for a late lunch/ early supper. No luck, w/o a ressie they couldn't take us :( we ended up at the Plaza rest. then it was off to Pooh ride, HM, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and a few other attractions. Caught Wishes and then it was back to the resort.

5/9 Spent the day at Blizzard Beach and then went to DTD where we had dinner at the House of Blues and went to Disney Quest.

5/10 Caught an eleven am flight back to Boston.

I can't believe the trip is over after all the anticipation, but we have great memories!

faline
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I know what you mean about being back in the real world! Fun time for you and all of your family!

g8rgirl29
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip!! I feel the same way about being back in the real world when we get home. Like I need some kind of detox!!

MizMissy
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Sounds like a great trip! But, I'm curious, why no AK?

barbiegirl314
05-12-2009, 01:48 PM
DH is not a big fan of AK, and we have done it a few times in the past. Next time ( home 2 days and I'm already wondering when I can plan the next trip) we go we'll definitely be doing it as my youngest as never been.

yjgirl32
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Great report! Sorry to hear your back in the "real world".

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Youguys got around pretty good! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

i'm grumpy
05-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip!! I feel the same way about being back in the real world when we get home. Like I need some kind of detox!!

Me too! :fit:

merlinmagic4
05-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Well, welcome home :( and it's never too early to start planning your next trip! I started my itinerary for the next trip on the night we arrived home :blush:

DizNee143
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
sounds like you and your family had a great time in disney!! thank you for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

jillluvsdisney
05-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a nice time. No Animal Kingdom?

artyboy
05-13-2009, 03:00 PM
We call that feeling "Disney World Withdrawl."

Everyone here at Intercot knows exactly how you feel!

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: