PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Anniversary Trip - Day 2 Part 1

Cinderelley
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Saturday -
Even though I fell asleep quickly, working nights is ingrained in me too much. I woke up at 2:00 & 3:00 & 4:00 & 5:00. I accidentally woke DH up the last two times I woke up. At 6:00, I gave up and stayed up. I felt like a little kid - all excited about going to Disneyland. All my movement woke DH up so we lounged around and watched TV. The park opened at 8:00, so we hopped in the shower about 7:00. We used the gps system in our car to get to the park (I liked playing with the buttons.) Unfortunately, we somehow missed the parking garage and had to turn around and come back. We parked in Daisy 9G and hopped the tram. This was all new since the last time we had driven to the park. Of course, the last time we had driven to Disneyland was before California Adventure was opened.

The tram dropped us off right in front of Downtown Disney. We decided to have breakfast in Downtown Disney and see if the lines shortened any while we ate. Most of the shops were closed, but we found a restaurant called Catal that was serving breakfast in their upstairs area. We were seated on the balcony and had a wonderful breakfast. The food was pretty generic, but the setting was fantastic. It was such a relaxing way to begin the day that I recommend it to everyone! DH ordered coffee and I ordered hot tea to drink. They brought these miniature cups that were really cute but were empty in three gulps. I had eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. DH had eggs, toast and potatoes. I loved the potatoes. DH didn't. After breakfast, we got in line. No, the lines hadn't shortened any.

We got park hopper tickets. We had never tried California Adventure, so we wanted to go there. I couldn't pass up my old favorites at Disneyland though, so we started out there. At first I was very confused about my surroundings. Too much time at Walt Disney World I guess ;). Then I realized that California Adventure was built on top of the parking lot we usually parked in. Well, that explained the parking garages. Once I was oriented, we headed to City Hall. I got my guest assistance pass, our anniversary pins, and asked about reservations at Blue Bayou - none available :(. Oh well, I didn't really expect any to be available on such short notice.
On to Adventureland - DH wanted to ride Indiana Jones. After being jerked around and our narrow escape from the giant boulder, DH and I headed to New Orleans Square - my favorite place in all of Disneydom. First we pillaged and plundered with the Pirates of the Caribbean and then we waltzed with the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. I had to make a stop at the ladies' room, and when I came out, the musicians were playing. After listening for a while, we headed to our Laughing Place. This was my first time riding Splash Mountain at Disneyland. I like the ride better at Disneyland, but I like the seating arrangement better at Disney World. We escaped without getting too wet and headed over to see Winnie the Pooh. We were in Roo's honeycomb. After that we rode the Wildest Ride in the West. I LOVE Big Thunder. I always laugh like a maniac and my DS19 always commented about it. Thinking about him saying that made me smile bigger and laugh harder while we were riding. In Fantasyland we went for a spin with Mr. Toad, but Peter Pan's Flight was closed. :(. We stopped and ate Mickey Bars :bar: just outside of It's a Small World. Then we went on our boat's journey around the world. This was our longest line - 25 minutes. I did not think that the characters that were added drew any additional attention to themselves. In fact, I had forgotten about it until DH pointed out Aladdin and Jasmine. After It's A Small World, DH and I headed back to the hotel. It was 1 pm, and I was ready for a break. On our way out, we did the walk through in the Castle. It was always one of my favorite things to do, and I was very sad when they closed it. It is reopened now, but they changed it. I don't like it. Some of it doesn't even make sense to me as far as the story line. At least I got to see it in 2001 before they closed it.

pdrlkr
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
sounds like a pretty good day so far!! :mickey:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the report.