PDA

View Full Version : WDW in early February

JabberJaws
05-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok so I've been to WDW dozens upon dozens of times, but I have never been during late January/early February.

I am considering a trip as an anniversary gift to my wife for 5 or 6 days at the AKL. Looking at early February (first week perhaps, before pres. weekend while resorts are still on "value" season pricing).

Was wondering from those who have been. How are crowds (I am assuming light)? How is the weather?

I have been to WDW during December before and I know that one day it can be 50 or below, and the next be 80. Is this pretty much par fo the course in February as well?

Also, anyone have any clue as to when they will begin taking reservations for resorts for early 2010?

Thanks!

faline
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
You can do room only reservations now. Packages will not be available until later in the summer.

Crowds are quite low in early February and, like December, weather can be quite variable.

JabberJaws
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
You can do room only reservations now. Packages will not be available until later in the summer.

I just went to the WDW website and when you try and check availability for a 2010 booking it says that they are only showing availability through Dec. 31, 2009 and to modify the dates accordingly?:confused:

Beast_fanatic
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
You can only make reservations for 2010 at this point by calling or using a travel agency (such as our highly recommended sponsor, Magical Journeys). The dates for 2010 won't be available via the web-site until next year's package prices are released (some time in July/August usually).

threeh
05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
We have gone 2 times in the end of Jan, beg of Feb. I am booked (thru DVC) to go same time in 2010. The crowds are light. The weather can be cold. We were lucky last 2 years and only had 1 cold day but it was colder the week before we came. I really really like the time of year.
The only downside is the parks close earlier, most by 8 or 9 pm and I have found more things being rehabbed. We go about every year so we just see whatever is closed the next time.
Happy Planning!!:mickey:

Disney Doll
05-12-2009, 02:39 PM
We love February. The crowds are light and while the weather is variable we usually have mostly nice days. Most importantly, it's not hot! :thumbsup:

JabberJaws
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
You can only make reservations for 2010 at this point by calling or using a travel agency (such as our highly recommended sponsor, Magical Journeys). The dates for 2010 won't be available via the web-site until next year's package prices are released (some time in July/August usually).

Ahhh I gotcha, thanks! I will be booking our room through a CM friend utilizing their Family and Friends discount so will have to wait until July/August.

Sounds like a good time of year though. I've been in December before and only encountered weather a few times that was sooo cold that as soon as the sun went down you wanted to bolt out of the parks, but if we do 5 (or maybe 6) days, we could cherry pick our days around the weather forecast for that week, so that might help a tiny bit.

I am all for the less crowds though!

Twinkletoes77705
05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Last time we went that is when we were there. It was AWESOME! The crowds were low...though it was VERY cold one night...it did not bring us down. Te weather was nice most of the time! You will love it :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Early February is a great time to go. We've been a few times and really enjoyed the light crowds. However, you need to pay careful attention to the weather. It can be quite unpredictable this time of year. The last time we went, it rained quite a bit, but we made the best of it.

Aggie97
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
We've gone to WDW several times in late January - early February, most recently in 2008. It's one of our favorite times of year to visit.

Upsides:
- The crowds are pretty light. You may see some increase in crowds if Mardi Gras week falls during that time (with school breaks in LA, MS, and parts of Central/S. America).
- We love the cooler weather and have never experienced rain during this time, but it is very variable -- we've seen highs in the upper 80s as well. Pack for everything! :)

Downsides:
- Previous posters warned of ride rehabs during this time period; Splash Mountain often is closed for rehab.
- Park hours are shorter, although with the lower crowds we never have a problem doing everything.

Have a great time! :mickey: