PDA

View Full Version : When to check-in at AKL in middle of the week?

caryrae
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
We are doing a split stay and AKL is our 2nd Resort. We will be checking in Sept 29th which is a Tuesday. When would be a good time to head over and check-in? Is it not very busy at check-in in the middle of the week?

Dsnygirl
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi! We are doing the same exact thing in October, only we're starting at CBR. We're moving to AKL Tuesday morning... we were told the easiest thing to do is get a taxi in the am and take your stuff directly over there. Your room probably won't be ready, but concierge will hold your things and you can head out to the parks, they'll then take your bags to your room once it is and they'll be waiting there for you when you get back!

(We're actually planning on staying and hanging out at the resort for the morning, getting lunch and swimming 'til our room is ready, as we've never been there and are excited to have a morning to just relax, explore the resort and my girls can't wait to try out the pool!! We're headed to MNSSHP that evening, so once our room is ready, we'll just go get on our costumes and head to MK, hopefully very relaxed and ready for a late night! :D)

Anyway... hope this info helps... I did hear mid-week check-ins are a bit easier, so who knows -- maybe our rooms will be ready after all! Good luck, and have fun at AKL!

TammiMcMan
05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
There's no need to bring your luggage over on your own. Bell services will take it from one Disney resort to the other. You probably want to hang onto anything you might need during the day though, as there's no guarantee when the luggage will be brought up to your room.

In regards to a good check-in time, it all depends on what your plans are. Are you on a package at AKL that would require you to get your tickets and room key early? Do you have a particular room request (usually easier to fill the earlier you check-in)? If you don't need to be there first thing in the morning, you can just pop over whenever it's convenient to you.

caryrae
05-12-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't need to worry about luggage because we will have a car.

We are just doing a room-only reservation, no package.

We are doing the pool view and have Kathy from MJ put in a request for the higher floor of the pool view rooms, so I suppose we could get there kinda earlier to try to get our request.

This day will be a non-park day probably explore AKL, maybe DTD or some mini-golf.

Thanks