PDA

View Full Version : CSR With Kids?

Belster
05-12-2009, 11:02 AM
We have booked for October(our fav time of year) to stay at CSR. We are really excited about it because it will be our first time staying there. I am just a bit concerned that it may be more for adults. I don't need kid friendly activities, but I don't want the guests in the pool to be annoyed that there are children in the pool too. What are your thoughts about CSR with kids??

The Cast
DH
ME
DD11
DS4
DS1

Mickey'sGirl
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Our first ever trip to the World with our oldest son was when he was almost 4, and we stayed at the Coronado. The pool and playground are incredible -- and whilst he was wildly enjoying them, we never, not once, got "the look".

We are going back at the end of August, and will be spending our second week at the Coronado with our two sons aged 11 and 5. I do not anticipate an issue.

Disney is kid friendly. Especially at the pools! :thumbsup:

grumpypima
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
but I do not want the guests in the pool to be annoyed that there are children in the pool too

Are you kidding me? You & the kids will have a fantastic time at CSR! No way will anyone be annoyed with children at the pool, or at the fantastic playground, or in the game room, or in the food court…..or anywhere at CSR. We've stayed at CSR (one stay must be missing in my signature line because I know we’ve stayed at least 3 times) during peak holidays and slow times of the year and there have always been kids in the pool.

Belster
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys for all of your kind words. We really are very excited about staying there.

Thanks again!!!

Mousemates
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Don't get too caught up in the "adult/conference center thing"....there will be lots of other families there with lots of kids...remember that when a conference/convention is at WDW that lots of businessmen/businesswomen will bring their families along. Its a great resort with queen beds and a super pool with a great slide that your kids will love...go and splash to your hearts content.

buzz2001
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
CSR is great for kids and yours will love the main pool area which includes an arcade and playground. The pool is the best of the mods!

ThanxForNoticin
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Another thumbs-up for CSR being very, very kid-friendly. Don't even hesitate taking your family there. It's a beautiful and fun resort. Have a great time!

Disney Doll
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Plenty of families at CSR. We love, love, love that resort by the way. The playground and the pool at CSR is one of the best IMHO.

Belster
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks again for all of your thoughts!!! I am even more excited now!!!:mickey:

streets of paris
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
CSR is ideal for kids!

the pool area is perfect and they will love it, for sure.

great resort, lots of running room, and you can rent watercraft!

KatMark
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
When our kids traveled with us, we stayed at the All Star Sports, Contemporary, Polynesian and the Coronado. The Coronado is there all time favorite resort (our 23-year old son is taking his 14-year old travel team to Disney in July and is very upset that he has to stay at the Caribbean and not the Coronado). Yes, it has a more "adult" atmosphere in certain respects, but it is also very kid friendly as well. The lifeguards do lots of neat stuff with the kids at the pool, there is a great arcade, playground, kiddie pool and sand volleyball court. DH and I now travel alone (both boys are in college), and we often see kids in the quiet pools as well and we find ourselves joining in on playing catch with them with their rubber ball. I think you'll be fine.

Gaz10
05-13-2009, 06:47 AM
CSR is a great resort if you have Kids.The arcade/games room is as good as any other.I don't know how old your chileren are but there are swings and climbing frames near the pool.
The pool is fantastic, its never been crowded when we have stayed ,unlike PO which gets packed.:thumbsup:
Back there in 2 weeks ,can't wait.:sombrero:

ChewyStriker
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
We'll be leaving for our first CSR trip with our son, who will be 4 during our trip, on May 23.

We chose it because we wanted a good mixture of kid-friendly and adult relaxation and a bit of a tropical feel too. We're sure we've made a great choice but will report back upon our return!:mickey:

kathiep
05-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Our kids loved staying here so much, we're going back in August. We stayed here in 2007, DS was almost 5 and DD was 2 1/2. At first I had the same concerns you did but they disappeared immediately. We rarely saw any convention personnel. My kids loved the playground area. The main pool was terrific. Lots of families around but it never felt crowded. Go and enjoy. I can't wait to get back.

IfUHadWings
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Our best vacation ever was at that resort. Our son was 4. we went in Dec, which Oct should be similar crowd wise. Upon arrival, I requested to be near food court and near first bus stop. I highly reccomend you do the same. We were the first on and first off the shuttles. Very nice resort and awsome pool. My wife prefered AKL, I really enjoyed the grounds of CSR.:thumbsup:

GINNY69
05-16-2009, 06:26 PM
CSR is good a resort for kids.. Stayed there last year my son had a good time.. Very beautiful theme pool . Your kids will have a blast at that pool..

have fun..

:mickey:

CrazyStudent
05-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Nothing I can add to what everyone else said but the pools indeed are special. Watercraft for the lake, too. And if you need variety the bus service around the World is fast and efficient. I want to try all the other resorts but CSR is quite special.

:thumbsup: