PDA

View Full Version : what is your opinion on these restrauants

jusandnew
05-12-2009, 08:42 AM
My family will be going to WDW in August and we are trying to figure out what places to eat. These are the ones everyone has agreed on. What is the opinions on them?

San Angle Inn- Epcot
Princess Storybook -Epcot
Liberty Tree Tavern-MK
Tuskin House-Animal Kingdom

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 09:04 AM
The San Angel Inn gets mixed reviews, but I love it. Fantastic atmosphere, and I've always enjoyed the food. I haven't been to the others.

T-Belle
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I can only comment on the 2 that I have been to.
San Angel Inn: good food-GREAT ambiance! Try the Mango Margaritta
Liberty Tree Tavern: Wonderful! Try the pot roast!! Yummy!!!

AmandaChan
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
San Angel Inn is the only one I am familiar with. We ate at Tusker House when it was still a CS. San Angel Inn is great for the atmosphere. We enjoyed our entrees and we didn't think they were that bad. The beer was great and the service was acceptable. Just like the other Disney restaurants the meals are made fast because there is a high demand and the tables clear fast. The chips were disgusting and clearly out of a bag. We have returned to this restaurant but we are not going this year because we are going to try more things. Hope you have a great experience. :marg:

gauvin4
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I have only been to Liberty Tree and it was delicious!! I would go back again. :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Another one for the LTT- very good- too bad they got rid of the charachters. Enjoy.

Rhetoric2000
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Tusker House is ball-bouncingly great - a fantastic choice.

The pre-Storybook Akershus was my favourite Disney restaurant. I wouldn't go back now the characters are in there and the price has been hiked up but I would imagine the quality of the food and services is still there.

San Angel - Not done it for so long I couldn't give a relevant review. The atmosphere, however, remains top notch.

Liberty Tree - You know I've done WDW over 20 times now and STILL have never done LTT. Just goes to show the variety that's available.

AdventurerKim
05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
San Angel is great! It's one of my favorites! The food and service have always been great, and the atmosphere is very Mexican and nice, especially with the boat ride going along.

The Liberty Tree Tavern has great family-style food! We really enjoyed our experience over a year ago, but that was with character dining.

jrpersinger
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
We love LTT. But its not worth the price without the characters.

diz_girl
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Another vote for Tusker House. It was an excellent buffet with a lot of variety.

I can't comment on the other three restaurants, since I've never eaten at any of those locations.

ElenitaB
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Having visited Mexico City many times and expecting Mexican fare and not Tex-Mex, I have always enjoyed dining at San Angel Inn (and the atmosphere is just awesome even if the tables are pretty crowded together). I'd defintely recommend it.

Liberty Tree Tavern - try it for lunch. They have wonderful offerings in the afternoon, including the "Pilgrim's Feast" and pot roast, if that's what you're after. Personally, I think that their crab cakes are top notch.

We've never been to Akershus, so sorry, can't comment there.

Have fun choosing!

MickeyandTink
05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Of the three you list, we've only been to Akershus for dinner. However, it is probably our favorite restaurant at Disney. Great food and service.

Hull-onian
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Tusker House for us.:thumbsup:

jusandnew
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone. This helps me to know I am making the right choices.

tss22
05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
We loved Tusker House too. We had an ADR for 5 minutes before the park closed so we got a full day in the park, then dinner, then got to enjoy the walk out when we were the only people there!

The food variety was great - very tasty and different from your standard character fare. They were also great about accomodating my wife, who has a food allergy.

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2009, 04:18 PM
We loved Tusker House too. We had an ADR for 5 minutes before the park closed so we got a full day in the park, then dinner, then got to enjoy the walk out when we were the only people there!

The food variety was great - very tasty and different from your standard character fare. They were also great about accomodating my wife, who has a food allergy.

Were there still plenty of buses running? I'm thinking about doing the same, but don't want to get stranded.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
We think San Angel is great. LTT is very good also!!:mickey:

biodtl
05-18-2009, 09:01 AM
San Angle Inn - It gets mixed reviews here, and I have only eaten there twice, but I had a good experience both times. The atmosphere alone makes for a nice time.

Princess Storybook - We've only done breakfast and really enjoyed it. I liked the combo of the cold buffet and hot family-style breakfast. It was all yummy.

Liberty Tree Tavern - We like it but taking away the characters lessens it a little for us.

Tusker House - We haven't eaten there yet.