PDA

View Full Version : Timeframe

yjgirl32
05-12-2009, 08:11 AM
I am wanting to camp in the near future- but have heard it is hard to get a site. When have you called to reserve a site? Also when is the best time to camp?

JRocker
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I usually book our stay about six months in advance, however this year I did it only three months ahead of time.

As far as when the best time is... I'm an odd duck, anytime camping is a good time, and anytime camping at Fort Wilderness is the best time.:number1:

ibrowse17
05-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I have never had a problem getting a site calling 5-6 months ahead. As faras a good time to go, I agree that it is always good to be at Fort Wilderness. Camping is good year round, UNLESS you are tent camping. If that is the case, I would avoid the heat of the summer and early fall. Even if you are used to tent camping, you may not be ready for the sticky hot days and nights of the deep south. Have a great time:thumbsup:

joonyer
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Summer in Fla. is always hot & Humid, and all of WDW is very crowded then, too (school is out). But even then it's not a bad time to go. There is no bad time to go to WDW. If I had a choice, I'd go in October. Nice crowd level, cooler weather but still warm enough to swim, and MNSSHP to boot!

yjgirl32
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Thank you for information. I was thinking of doing a Feb. trip in 2011. We are trying to be thre for each one of our birthdays.

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Last time we went I called about 2 months out and they were full. I was able however to book a spot during springbreak about 3 1/2 months in advance.