PDA

View Full Version : Dh, Dw, Ds, Dd???

PixieMagic
05-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Now, I have been on these boards for over 3 years now...and I have always though these mean "disney" then husband, wife, son, daughter....etc! On another post (can't remember which) they said this mean "dear" not "disney"...which is it??:confused:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2009, 12:08 AM
I took them to mean:

Dear Husband

Dear Wife

Dear Son

Dear Daughter

That's the way I always read them...

BMan62
05-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Now, I have been on these boards for over 3 years now...and I have always though these mean "disney" then husband, wife, son, daughter....etc! On another post (can't remember which) they said this mean "dear" not "disney"...which is it??:confused:

Do you have a different "Dear Husband/Wife/Son/Daughter" when you are at Disney? :D

They are pretty much interchangeable.

Ian
05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Never fear ... INTERCOT has you covered!

Visit our abbreviations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) page for a full list of all the abbreviations commonly used on the site.

:mickey:

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
It's universal on the Internet as Dear Husband, etc. But I like the Disneyfication, so that works for me, too. It gets confusing when DS suddenly means Dear Sister instead of Dear Son or you see a DBF and can't figure out if it's a Dear Best Friend, Dear Boyfriend, or something else entirely. I usually prefer to just type things out, but sometimes I revert to the ease of abbreviation.

FaithTrustPixieDust
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I love it! From this moment on, I will interpret these as "Disney Son", "Disney Daughter", etc etc etc. :mickey:

Scar
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
You're all wrong. ;)

Since I was a kid, my father always introduced my mother as "My Darling Wife". So that's what it is to me.

PixieMagic
05-12-2009, 01:12 PM
This is too funny to me! I have been on these boards for over three years and always read these to be "Disney" BF, H, S, W, D, Sis.....He he he - I just read a post trying to substitute "dear" for "Disney" and it just wasn't the same!!! LOL!!:blush:

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I think this should be one of those signs that you're too addicted to INTERCOT that we occasionally see threads on, if you think DW stands for Disney Wife instead of Dear Wife, you might be spending too much time on Disney sites. :) Not that there's anything wrong with that.

DeniseMB
05-13-2009, 11:54 PM
LOL, I thought DW meant DisneyWorld (just kidding)

Pally
05-14-2009, 08:07 AM
You're all wrong. ;)

Since I was a kid, my father always introduced my mother as "My Darling Wife". So that's what it is to me.

I have always used the above also.:mickey:

barbiegirl314
05-14-2009, 02:12 PM
I always thought it was darling wife, darling son etc. I like the "disney" part though.

andreallybadeggs
05-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Disney, dear, or darling...all of those preferable to dang ;)

iheartdisney
05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I love it! From this moment on, I will interpret these as "Disney Son", "Disney Daughter", etc etc etc. :mickey:

Me too!

Camping Mom
05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
THANK YOU for the list of abbreviations. I get on here and have to try to figure them out as I read and I get stumped sometimes.

I ALWAYS thought it was Disney Husband, Wife, etc.....I mean, who wouldn't want to be a Disney Husband, Wife, etc? I certainly do!!!:mickey:

stitchaholic
05-17-2009, 07:17 AM
i always thought it was disney also

PixieMagic
05-17-2009, 07:48 PM
THANK YOU for the list of abbreviations. I get on here and have to try to figure them out as I read and I get stumped sometimes.

I ALWAYS thought it was Disney Husband, Wife, etc.....I mean, who wouldn't want to be a Disney Husband, Wife, etc? I certainly do!!!:mickey:

i always thought it was disney also

Thank goodness I am not the only one!! I was starting to think I was crazy! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Add me to the list of those who originally thought the "D" stood for Disney.

MinnieMommie
05-25-2009, 01:23 PM
It's universal on the Internet as Dear Husband, etc. But I like the Disneyfication, so that works for me, too. It gets confusing when DS suddenly means Dear Sister instead of Dear Son or you see a DBF and can't figure out if it's a Dear Best Friend, Dear Boyfriend, or something else entirely. I usually prefer to just type things out, but sometimes I revert to the ease of abbreviation.

Best friend is BFF so dear best friend would be DBFF as distinguished from dear boyfriend which is DBF. :mickey:

Marker
05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
You know, if people would just USE WORDS there would be much less confusion.

Kathy Jetson
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I always thought it was disney not dear and was very sad to hear it was not I just can't look at it and not see disenyhusband disneyson ect. so I will just call it that.

DORKFACE
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Well darn. I guess in my case it's "dorkface" wife, "dorkface" son, etc. I'll be issuing an apology to my family shortly. :)

Belster
05-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I have always understood it as Dinsney Husband, wife, son...ect...

I love it that way!!!

PixieMagic
05-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Good to see others see it the same! Ha ha! I've tried reading it as "dear" since and it just doesn't flow - I actually have to stop and re-read the sentence with "disney" ha ha!! :secret: