PDA

View Full Version : QS Dining plan a major success for this couple!

PetefromRI
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
We just returned from a 9 night trip and were very happy with the QSDP.We only had a hamburger once and that was because we wanted one.We went to:Wolfgang Puck Express,Pizzafari,Pepper Market for steak dinners,Foodcourt at POFQ(the Mufalattas are to die for),The Earl of Sandwich,Yakitori House for sushi,Cantina de San Angel,Pecos Bills,Cosmic Rays,Backlot Express,Cookes of Dublin and we had more snacks than we could handle.Each meal averaged about 15.00-17.00 so it was like getting the refillable resort mug and snacks for free with the convenience if a prepayed mealplan.Could I have eaten cheaper?Yes,but it was really a great way to get what you really wanted and having it all prepayed and since it was CS there was no tips involved.We will do this foodplan for now on.We did do dinner out at TS restaurants twice so we just ordered extra sushi dinners at Yakatori House and we had breakfast a few mornings.to use up the credits.We found it to be a very good deal.

Kairi_7378
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
That's awesome! Glad that it worked for you! Did the new plan give you freedom to eat when you wanted more than the original DDP?

the other micki
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Glad you were able to find a lot of variety on the plan. Sounds like you had a great experience. Might have to consider doing it myself...

tjstrike
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
We did the QS in March and loved it. The only thing that I don't like (and you get this with the regular DP also) is that lunch line in the parks you always have to fight your way through. If you do the QS don't miss Wolfgang Pucks in DTD. it's a great bargain for that price.

2lilboys
05-12-2009, 05:44 AM
We also tried QS dining plan for our most recent trip and loved it. We ate most meals at Roaring Forks in Wilderness Lodge, but also had some terrific counter service meals in the parks. With 2 little boys, it is too difficult to attempt many sit-down table service meals so this was perfect for us. The boys usually shared our meals because the counter service portions are so big. We will certainly do QS dining again.:thumbsup:

playdead88
05-12-2009, 06:17 AM
thats great to hear! cant wait to try it out in 10 days!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Sounds wonderful! Glad it worked well for you. Thanks for the report.

tinkgirl07
05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm so happy it worked for you. I was a little unsure how this would work for us, but it seems like there are so many QS locations with things other than chicken, burgers and fries if you just take the time to look. I bet you saved a lot of money just on the tips alone! We did the deluxe dining plan, all TS meals and with the desserts, appetizers and meals we were paying $40/meal in just tips! This is a meal plan I would definitely want to try out on the next trip. :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
That's awesome! Glad that it worked for you! Did the new plan give you freedom to eat when you wanted more than the original DDP?
This is one thing that we enjoyed the most.We could eat anytime and anywhere we wanted so if we were enjoying a particular park,we didn't have to leave like we had to do on the regular meal plan.

playdead88
05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
This is one thing that we enjoyed the most.We could eat anytime and anywhere we wanted so if we were enjoying a particular park,we didn't have to leave like we had to do on the regular meal plan.

this is the exact reason why we are a counter service family - we just dont want to give up so much time to eating! we like having good food quick so we can get back out there - planning our days around eating isnt for us - when this new quick service plan came out i was thrilled and im so glad to hear that it worked so well for your family :mickey: