PDA

View Full Version : Top 5?

Tink33333
05-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I need help planning our dining experiences for our upcoming visit in June? It would help me greatly if you could tell me your top 5 choices of restaurants in WDW and a brief reason why. (I will be traveling with 5 adults, a 12 yr old and a 9 year old if that helps narrow down your choices)

Thanks for your input in advance!

Dulcee
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
O'hana's (Dinner) - Fantastic food, great atmosphere, if you can get a table close to Wishes they pipe the music in.

Le Cellier - Great steaks, the set up of the restaurant gives you a nice break from the parks.

Restaurant Marrakesh- I think this is one of the most underrated restaurants in the parks. Again, you feel a world away from the theme parks once you sit down. We've always loved the food and as kids we always enjoyed the bellydancer and muscisians.

Raglan Road- Yummy, yummy food. We love to spend at least one night at DTD so this is always a great option. Again, fun entertainment at night.

Teppan Edo - But only if you don't have a hibachi grill restaurant near by you at home, fun dinner presentation but run of the mill if you attend one of these while at home.

KatMark
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
LeCellier -- cheese soup, pretzel bread, filet, cream cheese mashed potatos and chocolate on chocolate whiskey cake -- no more be said

Crystal Palace -- breakfast -- my favorite characters (Pooh and friends) and puffed french toast and potato casserole (plus early entrance into MK for breakfast and great views of the castle for picture taking without thousands of people)

Plaza -- simple food and a change of pace from all of the heavy meals we eat the rest of the trip

Yak & Yeti -- found it to be very good and it was our second favorite meal of the trip

Biergarten -- good food and good entertainment

Pirate Granny
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
QUICK and HURRY...you are past the 90 day marker and it's free dining...Decide where you want to go and get on the phone fast and make those reservations...especially with a group that large...My five top choices if $$$ was no object...
California Grill around the fireworks at the MK
Floridian Cafe -- comfort food for me.
Rose & Crown -- around Illuminiation time
Brown Derby -- anytime
Yak & Yeti or Jiko at AKL -- a different kind of treat.
:pirate:

deedeenmickey
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Chef Mickey's

Crystal Palace

Boma

LeCellier

Tusker House

I hate to nag but you really need to call and make your ressies or your choices are going to be fewer and fewer.:secret:

TheRustyScupper
05-11-2009, 09:23 PM
1) We have majority stakes in two restaurants.
2) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent service
. . . innovative dishes with flair
. . . overall great value
3) I recommend
. . . Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs)
. . . Victoria & Albert's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Citrico's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (Dolphin Resort)
. . . Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin Resort)

Rhetoric2000
05-12-2009, 06:25 AM
The following are my recommendations for an average family with an average budget and an average range of eating habits. They are not necessarily the "best" restaurants for food (for which refer to the Rusty Scupper above) but are IMO the "best" representations of Disney across atmosphere, food quality and value.

Tusker House - Animal Kingdom (Lunch) - Excellent African buffet. For a restaurant inside a park it is the closest you will get to escapism and a relaxing atmosphere. Decent value for excellent food that wil satisfy both conservative eaters and the more curious (and especially salad and curry fans).

Biergarten - Epcot (Lunch) - Best value of any in-park restaurant. Once again will appeal to both the conservative and curious appetites. Simply excellent, fresh tasting food in a lovely atmosphere.

Hollywood Brown Derby - Studios (Dinner) - The food and atmosphere, while excellent, are perhaps not ultra-fine dining - but the appeal in many ways is that it feels like it is without making you feel uncomfortable for being in park clothes. You are plunged into "an occasion" from nowhere.

Kona Cafe - Poly (Dinner) - A FAR better restaurant choice on your MK day than anything in the Magic Kingdom. I can't say enough good things about the food and atmosphere here. The appetisers especially are excellent.

Crystal Palace - MK (Breakfast) - I resent this choice somewhat because the food isn't fantastic, the place is crowded, and I've now done it so many times I could give you a play-by-play BUT it IS breakfast in the Crystal Palace, it IS the opportunity to enter the Magic Kingdom before anyone else and it IS where you become the special guests of Winnie the Pooh and friends. It's corny and silly but if you're DOING Disney then you simply have to have to do it. It's the food equivalent of going on the Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World.

5 Honourable Mentions - Captain's Grille (Yaght Club, Breakfast); Yak and Yeti (AK, Lunch); Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge, Lunch); Le Cellier (Epcot, Dinner); Boma (AK Lodge, Dinner)

tinkgirl07
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
'OHana: The food is amazing, you get some seafood, red meat, white meat, veggies, salad and much more. Their bread is the reason for my existance!!! There is something for everyone and if you don't like something then you can not eat it, and they will bring you more of what you loved. Like a buffett but you don't have to get up which is nice for a family because you don't have to leave one person at the table, you are able to enjoy a nice family meal.

Le Cellier: The beef is AMAZING! I think if you are on the dining plans it is a great value. They have this chocolate raspberry shake that counts for a beverage that was very very delicious. The atmosphere is like an old pub, very dark, a nice get away at lunch time from the sun and heat of the park. But you kinda feel like you are getting out of the movies when you leave because it was like being in a cave.

Cali Grill: If you like sushi or less traditional meals this is a great place. It was a little fancy for my family, but the food was very good and it gave us the opportunity to try something new (we were on deluxe plan with 3 meals per day so we were able to do this for 2 credits) I didn't think it was the best place to watch wishes, but it was cool being at the top of CR and since we were staying there is was a quick trip "home". (Truthfully it was better to watch fireworks from our balcony...but I digress).

Garden Grill: The food was also family style, home cookin'. I really liked the food, it was a little mass produced thanksgiving-ish, but it was enjoyable. And a great character meal. I think this is highly under-rated character meal. I do enjoy the family style to the buffet. It gives the family a chance to eat together instead of one eating while the other is getting their plate. And you don't have to worry about getting up while the characters are coming to your table. I also liked how you were a part of living with the land and could see the attraction as the restaurant revolved. I think this is one of the best character meals as far as interaction, food, and convience. However, there are so many great restaurants at Epcot in WS that this one gets passed up.

Yak & Yeti: The food was very good. We got different dishes and tried everyone's. They did have chicken for my picky sister which was nice that the adults could order something a little more exotic, but my sister didn't have to sacrifice. The cheesecake strawberry dessert thing I had was the best dessert that I have ever had in my life! I would go back just for that. They had a large menu and lots to choose from along with the large portions. Our server was amazing and was able to explain and recommend dishes for everyone's taste!

Hope this helps! Let us know what you end up with!!! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
LeCellier Dinner - Great food, nice ambiance
O'Hana Dinner - Plentiful good food, fun atmosphere
Mama Melrose Lunch & Dinner - Great food & drink, comfortable atmosphere
Chef Mickey's Breakfast - Nice variety, crazy atmosphere with characters
Garden Grill Dinner - Tasty menu, great character interaction, not as crazy as Chef Mickey's

These are all considered 1-TS if you're on the dining plan. If you're not, they are sensibly priced restaurants that won't break the bank for a group of 7.

AdventurerKim
05-12-2009, 12:28 PM
1. Le Cellier
2. O'Hana (so fun and great food)
3. Cape May Cafe
4. Mama Melrose
5. San Angel Inn

PixieMagic
05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Teppan Edo - Amazingly fun dining option. you are fully entertained during your meal which is imho the best at Disney. The food isn't exotic and there is something for everyone! Although you normally have to sit with other guests, if you have a party of 7 you'll have a table to yourself!:thumbsup:

Rose&Crown - Great menu - everything from chicken and steak to their famous fish and chips or bangers and mash. If you can dine outside it is amazingly beautiful and sometimes you can get lucky enough to be seated outside during illuminations! Either way if you are there during illuminations they will keep your food fresh and heated while you go out to the private patio and watch the show!

OHana - So much food your eyes will pop out! Ha ha! We love this family style restaurant as others have said and they have something for everyone! :lei:Plus being at the Poly is amazing and you can catch the EWP after! Oh! And for the adults....you have to try the Lapu Lapu!:papple:

Le Cellier - Fantastic atmosphere, great steaks, cheese soup, and a phenomenal wine selection. One of the few places in Disney I can find my Chateau St. Michele Riesling :wine:

Coral Reef - :eat::eyes::nemo: As Dsis says "I can eat salmon while I watch them swim!" :secret: Great food, amazing deserts, and fun glow cube drinks for the kids! It's wonderful atmosphere and a great place to get out of the heat

Have a great trip and make those resi's ASAP or you wont get what you want!!!