Me - Micki
DH - Jason
DD 14 - KayLea
DD 8 -Seth
DD 6 - Jared
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Saturday, May 2nd

Our trip is nearing it's end, but there are still adventures to be had! We were able to sleep in a little bit this morning. The transportation was so awesome that we arrived at Chef Mickey's about 30 minutes prior to our ADR time. Meanwhile, Sandy, DD and I did a little shopping...and I soon spotted that watch that I loved so much from World of Disney. I tried it on and admired it for some time. My dad and Sandy decided that they should get me an early birthday present (I'm turning 40 in July), so I left the CR gift shop with a new bauble! Yea me! :cheer:

Our breakfast at Chef Mickey's was very good! The variety of food at the buffet was surprising! It was all very good. We got to meet the fab five. My DS 6, with new grandma-bought Pluto hat, couldn't wait to meet Pluto :pluto:. It was adorable! Pluto saw Jared's hat (and shirt) and made a huge deal over him, clapping and dancing around (cute pic below)!

We then hopped the monorail to Epcot. Now, let me warn you...we have some beautiful pics of the flower and garden fesitval :pick:, so if you're going soon and want to be surprised, be careful when looking through my pics! We decided that Dad and Sandy should go on SSE since they weren't with us the first time. Unfortunately, their little screen wasn't working at the end, but they still liked the ride. Dad and Sandy took the kids to Innoventions, I went on a Test Track FP run and DH got us a 1:15 KP Mission. We played around in Innoventions, doing the Waste Mgmt. section and having lots of fun. We wished we could've spent more time in Innoventions, but it was time to report to Norway for our KP Mission :spy:. Our first mission was in China. DD took quick control of the Kimmunicator, but everyone was involved. We had trouble finding one location, but it was fun. Dad and Sandy split from us at this point to "do their own thing". We did one more mission in Germany (really neat, but again, there may be "spoiler pics" below, so watch out!)

By now, it was getting super duper hot! We returned the Kimmunicator and sat down near the American Pavillion to have some frozen lemonade. Suddenly, here comes the Drum and Fife Corps :flag:. I love anything like this and my eyes were teary before it was all over. My DS 8 helped lead the Pledge of Alleigance with other young "citizens". Next, we were entertained by the amazing Voices of Liberty. You can tell they really love what they're doing! Has anyone else heard the Appalachian Love Song? SO Awesome! We made our way into the American Adventure (1st time for us). When the lights came on, I had DS 6 on my lap, DS 8 leaning on my arm, and DD in the next chair...all sound asleep! People were passing by and giggling at us. One guy said, "So much for the educational value!" HaHa!

We woke everyone up and took the friendship taxi to Mexico. We used our FP's for Test Track. I had 2 left over, so I gave them to 2 young girls waiting in line. They were grateful; however, they got in trouble with the CM for crossing under the railing to get into the FP line. We were talking to some people behind us about it and they gave us 4 Soarin' FPs that they would not be able to use! I guess you do reap what you sow!

We met Dad and Sandy at LeCellier for an early dinner. Our waitress was so sweet and the meal was good. The pretzel breadsticks were really yummy. I ordered the salmon. It was pretty good, but next time, I'm defintely getting steak!

DH took the DSs back to Pop to swim while Dad, Sandy, DD and I used those Soarin' FPs! I just love Patrick Warburton! We were seated in the coveted row 1, section b! Ahhhh, nice! Back to Pop and I got busy packing everything up. We're leaving tomorrow, but not before a quick run to DS with my DSs!

Sunday, May 3

DSs and I got up while everyone else snoozed. We had a VIP to meet (very important penguin). My DSs are recent members of Disney's Club Penguin website, and they found out that a famous penguin, Rockhopper the Pirate, would be at DS for a limited engagement (only 2 weeks). How thrilled they were that we would be there during that time! :joy: So the day had finally come and off we went! We first stopped by Starring Rolls for oh-my-goodness the best cinnamon rolls I've ever eaten! Rockhopper was coming out at 9:30 near the Backlot Tour. We were the 3rd in line. It was all very quick - "stamp", "stamp", "click" and we're done! The CM did hand me some tatoos and a postcard with a special code to use on the site. We headed back to the bus and were at Pop by 10:00. Even we were surprised how soon we were back! Well, it was time to say good-bye until next time. :( We loaded everything up and headed for home at about 11am. Thanks for the memories!

And thanks to all of you for reading my reports and leaving nice comments! May your upcoming trip be as AWESOME as ours! :mickey:

Saturday and Sunday pics below:

http://picasaweb.google.com/theothermicki/Disney2009Saturday?feat=directlink

SBETigg
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh, I can't believe it's over! So sad to leave and go home. Wonderful trip, good times. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
All good things must come to an end. I loved all your reports and pix!! Thanks!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Micki! Your reports were so enjoyable..I related to so much of your enthusiasm!! Thanks for sharing your families special time and all of the pictures too! Lisa

TiggerD
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I have so enjoyed reading your trip reports and viewing all the pictures of your time in the land of Magic. We are heading to POP in September with our DS and his wife and our two little grandsons and we are so excited to be going back. :mickey:

faline
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
The new Pluto hat looks fabulous!

Sorry your trip is over! You clearly have a very upbeat style and that shines through in your reports!

vizsla
05-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for all the reports. I enjoyed reading them.

yjgirl32
05-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Thank you so much for reporting about your trip. I had a lot fun reading and looking at your pictures.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

shan-ash
05-31-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us !! I love the Minnie picture with you 3 girls!:cloud9: