PDA

View Full Version : The Disney Fantasy Draft Game

Greenlawler
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
So I have fiddled with this idea for a while and I am ready to unleash!

The Royal Rumble game apparently has gone well, so lets continue to merge my passions ...sports and Disney.

I am a huge NFL fan (Go Titans) and I always love the draft. I watch all 7 rounds (sick huh?)

Here is the game rather simple. I will take 15 posters for a 5 round draft. Each poster will get one one pick per round and will pick in a randomly chosen draft order. At the end of the fifth and final round I will list each "team" and we can judge for oursleves who has the best Disney Lineup.

Got it? So first things first I need fifteen team owners.:D

Jeff G
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I'll gve it a try:thumbsup:.

Duchess99
05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Sounds fun! I'll try, but what will this Disney team be the "best" at? That would significantly determine my choices.

conwayjohn71
05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I am game

Greenlawler
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
The game would certainly be subjective just like the real draft.

I would think "the best" would all be based on ones opinion's for example a team which had a good balance of classic stars, villains, and maybe a wild card would be a solid draft class.

So we have four so far...
Jeff G
Duchess 99
conwayjohn71
greenlawler

Arielfan98
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
The game would certainly be subjective just like the real draft.

I would think "the best" would all be based on ones opinion's for example a team which had a good balance of classic stars, villains, and maybe a wild card would be a solid draft class.

So we have four so far...
Jeff G
Duchess 99
conwayjohn71
greenlawler

I'm so in!!! Except I don't excatly understand this game. Is it like I'm a team leader and I add in Disney characters and they fight another team?

Greenlawler
05-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm so in!!! Except I don't excatly understand this game. Is it like I'm a team leader and I add in Disney characters and they fight another team?

No, it is simply a draft. It is like picking your Disney all star team. If you have ever played fantasy sports the most important aspect is the draft.

The drafing itself is the single most fun thing about any league. You never know who is going to pick who before your selection. I mean in fantasy football there is usually a stud running back who is the easy number one pick, but you never know some one may jump the gun and pick a quaterback. So for example in the Disney draft (which will be limited to cartoon characters) there is an obvious number one choice, but whoever picks then will have to decide if they want to pull the trigger.

Once we are done we are done, except for selecting who we think has the best team (except for your own).

So now we have five we could use ten more, where is my pal Hayden's Dad?

Greenlawler
05-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Unless I get some more interest I guess I will just postpone this game.

Thanks to those of you who were interested. Win some loose some.

Arielfan98
05-13-2009, 05:13 PM
No, it is simply a draft. It is like picking your Disney all star team. If you have ever played fantasy sports the most important aspect is the draft.

The drafing itself is the single most fun thing about any league. You never know who is going to pick who before your selection. I mean in fantasy football there is usually a stud running back who is the easy number one pick, but you never know some one may jump the gun and pick a quaterback. So for example in the Disney draft (which will be limited to cartoon characters) there is an obvious number one choice, but whoever picks then will have to decide if they want to pull the trigger.

Once we are done we are done, except for selecting who we think has the best team (except for your own).

So now we have five we could use ten more, where is my pal Hayden's Dad?

I guess I'll ahve to eb eliminated because I guess I'll have to observe to understand this game. Thank-you for the explanation but I still do not comprehend any of this. I don't know what drafts or fantasy football is. Sorry! :blush:

slegrant
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I am in! Let the draft begin:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I did a Disney draft on another non-Disney site... What we did was draft a team based on a theme... Once we all had our teams drafted, we let the members of the site, including those who participated, vote for their favorite team.. It was pretty fun...

Count me in if you still host this game...