PDA

View Full Version : standard view at WL booked up

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I just booked WL for Dec 5-11 and they were out of standard view!! We had to pay extra for the courtyard view which I don't really mind since It's our first time staying at the WL. But I am wondering how the crowds are this time of year?? We always go in September but I heard the first 2 weeks of December were kind of slow too. I am hoping that maybe its already to full is because it's so pretty at Christmas time! I have been during the actual week of Christmas before and it was a madhouse!! I hope it's not going to be that super crowed during the 2nd week!!

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
you should be pretty good crowd wise at that time of the year....by the way the WL is absolutely beautiful when decked out in its holiday decorations...bet you have a wonderful trip.

Suz36
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
My understanding is that there are very few standard view rooms at WL, only 80 some if I'm remembering correctly. There is the option of woods view, which we had in February and loved. We overlooked the quiet pool and the Villas, and could see the Electric Water Pageant (partially blocked by trees) from our balcony.

Strmchsr
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Something showing as "booked" when making reservations is in now way an indication of crowd size. As noted above they only have a certain number of rooms per category and some of those may already be reserved for special discounts or not online because they are not expected to be needed. Often more rooms open up as you get closer.

The first couple of weeks after Thanksgiving have become MUCH more popular in recent years, but it still shouldn't be horrible crowd-wise.

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
thanks!! I cannot wait to stay at WL for Christmas! It is something I have always wanted to do!!

Mitzie
05-12-2009, 04:42 PM
HEY! We will be down doin' Disney the exact same dates. I was more worried about PopWarner crowds myself. We will be staying at the other 'Lodge"..here is hoping we both have a great trip!