PDA

View Full Version : If they could add more characters to the meals which one would you like to see added?

jusandnew
05-11-2009, 08:43 AM
If they would add more characters to the meals my DS, DH and would like to see the Star Wars and Pirates of Carribean .

I would like to see Lion King.( This is my favorite movie)
My other DS would like to see the animals from the Kilimanjaro Safari ride.

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Jack Sparrow!!

DisneyBabies
05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
This may get me in trouble, but my DS wondered why we didn't get to have a meal with Buzz, Woody, and Jesse or the Incredibles when we were there.

snuggs30
05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
:tink:Tinkerbell of course!!!! And yummy Jack Sparrow would be awesome!:pirate:

jrpersinger
05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Pirates or Aladdin!

g8rgirl29
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I think a Villians Meal would be a serious money maker!!!

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Pirates...perhaps at the San Angel (captain jack, barbosa, elizabeth...and davy jones thou he might be a little intense for the little ones).

Toy Story (Buzz, Woody, Mr. Potatoe Head)...at whispering canyon.

Peter Pan characters (hook, pan, tink)....maybe at either the Rose and Crown or somewhere in the MK.

poeticeclipse
05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I LOVE the idea of a Villians meal!!!

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Another vote for Buzz! But I too like the Villians idea.

DisneyWhirled
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Please don't flame me for this, but I think they really need to add some new charachter dinner experiences, or switch some up a bit.

I think a villans meal would be awesome..how cool would it be if it was a little show. The villans come in for the first half, and some of the "good" guys save the day for the latter half of the meal.

How about a unique character meal...get out some of the hard to meet and greet characters.

I dunno. Just my two cents.

marlaine
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
How about Wall e and Eve? They could put the CMs in costume and go around the room. Since Wall e won an Oscar, you would think they would be around the parks somewhere. I've read how expensive it would be for an interactive Wall e in the parks, but it wouldn't cost much for Wall e and Eve in costume. My DS would love it!

Gator
05-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Toy Story characters would be a real good thing if they added it to Hollywood Studios. That place simply doesn't have enough TS for it's age. You could put it over near Midway Mania. It would be a HUGE hit.

Also, AK could use another dining option. Maybe with Simba, Timon, Meeko (from Pocahontas), Flik and Atta...you know, characters/animals from the shows around AK. Cool post.

hlkeck
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm going with Peter Pan and friends! Dinner with Hook and Pan? How cool is that?

Magic Smiles
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
So many good ones listed. Any new characters would be a great addition.
Capt Jack Sparrow :blush:

Aggie97
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Definitely Toy Story characters at DHS.

I think a Villians Meal would be a serious money maker!!!

I LOVE the idea of a Villians meal!!!

Another vote for Buzz! But I too like the Villians idea.

I think a villans meal would be awesome.

They used to have a Villains character dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We went in December 2000 and had a blast! I'd love for them to bring that back. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Remy

Madame Leona
05-12-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm leaning towards the Pixar movies. I would like to see characters from Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Toy Story. I would also like to see a villians meal. Actually, anything that would include a more "boy friendly" atmosphere. I asked ds (3) if he wanted to eat in the castle but I was informed that "princesses are for girls." This did not come from me or his father. We would love to eat in the castle.

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
How about a Prince brunch? Forget the princesses. Who doesn't love men in tights? :blush:

No, really, I think a Toy Story brunch or anything with Pixar characters would be a great idea. Or maybe a meal that caters more to adults and older kids-- a Pirates After Dark dinner. Villains welcome.

TheRustyScupper
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
1) A new character meal might be nice.
2) But, I don't see it on the horizon.
3) People would like to see Pirates or Star Wars.
4) But, there would be a economic problem.
5) People would stay around to see them again during the meal.
6) This is not a good thing.
7) Eateries must turn over the tables, not have people keep the table.
8) As an example, people might want to see Jack Sparrow 2-3 times.
9) This would severely reduce turnover and revenue.

NOTE: I am not saying there couldn't be another meal, but picking the right characters would be tough. But, it sure woudl be nice to have a "boys" character meal.

Rhetoric2000
05-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I would love to see the Villains meal back but alas that will never happen. I did it once and assure you it is a treasured memory. At least they replaced it with something good and the 1900 character experience remains relatively unique.

I think those above are right in that there is an obvious gap of a "Boys'" character meal. Pirates and Star Wars are indeed the most obvious, but can't see that they could be assimilated into existing restaurants.

Actually, combining two ideas - how about a Brer Fox and Brer Bear hoedown at Whispering Canyon? Those two aren't villainous enough to scare small children whilst retaining enough mishief to keep adults laughing.

playdead88
05-12-2009, 07:44 PM
i must agree with needing a "boy" character meal - my ds would have loved a star wars or pirates breakfast or dinner - there were a few years that he and dh would go find something to do while dd and i went to CRT - now ds is 15 and what tops his list for meals is the words all you can eat - actually now that i think about it hes a 15 yr old boy - i bet if i told him that jasmine was going to be at an all you can eat breakfast he would be first in line :mickey:

GBBT
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
We never knew there was a Villains meal until after they dropped it.My DW would love this to come back.She says they're not Villains...they're just misunderstood.:malef:

gaffz70
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
I have to agree, Toy Story characters would be a big hit. And I would love a little dinner comedy w/ Mike and Sully!

jensantuit
05-14-2009, 08:56 AM
My boys would love a Toy Story or Wall E theme meal. :mickey:

tinkgirl07
05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I think it would be great if they revamped Pizza Planet...I mean c'mon you call that pizza?? It's cool to say "I ate at Pizza Planet" but then you're like..."I'm still hungry". DHS could use some better dining options for kids (sci-Fi is a little dark and loud for some). Then putting Buzz, Woody and Jesse would be super cool, especially with the popularity of TSM!

I second SBETigg! Prince meals would be a great idea, but if the idea is to turn over tables, I think a lot of single ladies would be hoggin up those tables (at least I would!) so maybe that isn't the best idea especially if they served :marg::beer:

PETE FROM NYC
05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
We never knew there was a Villains meal until after they dropped it.My DW would love this to come back.She says they're not Villains...they're just misunderstood.:malef:

What was the villains meal, and where was it,and when was it stopped?

midgetpepper
05-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Remy

I hear they have Remy at Les Chef De France. You can find out what he looks like if you go to you tube and type in REMY and DISNEY.

I agree though, about TS. I was disappointed to find out they dont have one, especially since they're coming out with TS 3 next year!

Rhetoric2000
05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
What was the villains meal, and where was it,and when was it stopped?

The villains meal was at 1900 Park Fare and featured among others the Queen of Hearts, Prince John and Snow White's Witch .

There are at least two reasons given for it's discontinuation (or rather replacement with Cinderella's entourage):

- Children were scared too often by the villains.

- It was poorly attended compared with other character dinners.

Since the performers were very restrained vis-a-vis children I'm more inclined to believe the latter - the dinner was not actually that well publicised and it was still at the time when dining in a resort that was not your own was not particularly common/usual.

IamBelle
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I would love a villians meal. I also think they should have Kronk, Kuzco and Ezma at the meals.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Brer Bear!!:mickey:

sassy2000
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I definitely think they need more for boys. My DS4 would LOVE Buzz & Woody, The Incredibles, or Peter Pan & Hook.