PDA

View Full Version : Least crowded park on the 4th of July?

fabfundisney
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I've had to push my trip back by two days. This change makes it so that I will be in the world June 30-July 4th. I really want my last day to be just as enjoyable as the four before. From your experience, which park is the least crowded on the 4th of July? :confused:

Giggy
05-11-2009, 08:26 AM
From what I have heard they are all packed for the 4th of July. Magic Kingdom is by far the most crowded though. Epcot is supposedly not as bad. DHS I would expect to be fairly bad that day as it's a fairly compact park. Animal Kingdom has a lot of open space so maybe it copes better with the crowds.

That's just going off what I saw on here once though, someone else will hopefully come along with first-hand experience.

JabberJaws
05-11-2009, 11:53 AM
None of the above :D

As the previous poster stated, I would avoid MK like it was the plague. It will more than likly hit capacity fairly early in the day.

As for the rest of the three, it is kinda like pick your poision. They will all be busy, but none as busy as MK.

If it were me, I would probably do DAK during the day, or WS at Epcot, as there are enough things to see there (such as the walking trails, countries at WS, etc.) that don't require waiting in line. So that way if you can't get early FPs or don't wanna wait in huge lines, you will still have something to do.

Oh and speaking of FPs, if you want to do any of the e-tickets without waiting 2 hours, get your FPs AS SOON as the park opens. On a day like the 4th, FPs for the e-tickets will run out before lunchtime.

Sorry don't mean to be all doom and gloom! I was a CM during a 4th of July holiday and you can still enjoy the parks (and even ride a few rides), it just takes some forethought, planning and patience.

Good luck!

DizneyRox
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
On a day like the 4th, FPs for the e-tickets will run out before lunchtime.
Actually, most days (not just the 4th) will have the FP "tickets" sold out before noon at Epcot. There aren't that many FP attractions to spread the load.

Epcot holds crowds better than the other parks. If you're looking for fireworks, AK would be a non choice. MK will be at capacity by about 11am probabl with little chance of getting in if you aren't there before then. MGM is horrible on busy days. You can't pay me enough to go to MGM on a major holiday.

Regardless of your choice, it's a crazy day to be in the world. Make sure you have your dining reservation set if you want to eat a table service meal.

JabberJaws
05-11-2009, 01:55 PM
If you're looking for fireworks, AK would be a non choice.

Speaking of the fireworks thing. I haven't been to the parks on a 4th since 2002 when I worked at DHS, but I know then, at least, the best 4th of July fireworks from what I was told by other CMs and guests, were at Epcot.

I would say do DAK during the day to help w/ the crowds, then do Epcot that evening JUST for fireworks or doing attractions that usually would have less waits (JIYI, SWNF, etc). Just IMHO though.

Kisobel
05-15-2009, 10:02 PM
six flags ;)

kate