PDA

View Full Version : Need a dining suggestion!!!

ldc12377
05-10-2009, 07:43 PM
We need a suggestion on somewhere to eat.
Here are our needs:
1. We are on the dining plan so it needs to be on the plan and a one credit.
2. We aren't using a park ticket that day so it needs to be outside of the parks.
3. We will have 4 or 5 adults and 6 kids for 12-3 so it needs to be kid-friendly.
4. Our last requirement is that it HAS to serve some kind of chicken dish. One of our adults will only eat chicken and no other meat.

Thank you for any suggestions!

sassy2000
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Chef Mickey's is a buffet at CR. The kids would love it since it is a character meal with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy. Also, whispering canyon @ WL has a fun atmosphere and great food. :mickey:

PixieMagic
05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Ohana - they have really fun activities for the kids during the meal, and you can even watch the MK fireworks and the EWP on the Poly beach afterwards!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
'Ohana is fun for a group, something for everyone. Also, Boma. Lots of variety. Grand Floridian Cafe is very good. 1900 Park Fare is a consideration if you prefer a buffet and think characters are great for the kids. And finally, Whispering Canyon Cafe might be something to consider, too.

DisneyGlutton
05-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Ohana for sure for the reasons mentioned above. I could not believe the amount of food they give you there--its basically a limited buffet that is served at your table. I will say that the chicken is in wing form only, though it is really good.

tony2979
05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
A little more mainstream, but Planet Hollywood in DD is a thought.

Good food and an excellent variety. Lots of fun too.

gamblefamily5
05-11-2009, 01:37 AM
:ack: I would go to any of the restaurants mentioned above except Chef Mickeys! That place, for us, was not good. Ohana all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:number1:

Tigger&Stitch
05-11-2009, 04:10 AM
There's also Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge...or even the new Dinosaur in Downtown Disney (not sure if that one is on the dining plan, though).

jonahbear2006
05-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Definitely Ohana!!!! Awesome Choice!! If this is out, I suggest 1900 park fare.

Charlee
05-11-2009, 07:39 AM
I would suggest Chef Mickey or 1900 Park Fare - we haven't tried Ohana's yet but will be this trip so I can't comment on that!
Both Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare are buffets so any picky eaters can find something they enjoy. Plus they are both great character dining experiences that the kids (and big kids) can enjoy. Both resorts are great to look around and you can easily spend some time before or after your reservation wandering around the monorail resorts, a nice relaxing way to spend a few hours!

ldc12377
05-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you for all the ideas. We are already eating at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare on differents nights.

I also forgot to mention one "little" thing. We are leaving in less than 3 weeks so it will be really hard to get a table on such short notice. Any suggestions that are also easy to get into last minute?

ledudes
05-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I would say Wolfgang Puck cafe. I love the food there, it has some nice kids choices and fun dessert for them I believe. Even though it is a nice restaurant, it is loud enough where you never feel like the kids are being too loud so it's comfortable. It is not a character meal, but I think it would please everyone and since you won't do a park that day, the kids could go to the lego store, check out T_Rex gift shop, and go in all the shops or maybe even disneyquest or the movies. Everyone in our group always love it there, our picky eaters and my 4 year old. Also, it can be hard to get from one hotel to another if you use the buses. You would need to travel to a park first then to the hotels to eat so It can be a pain. Let us know what you pick!

SBETigg
05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe is usually open to last minute reservations. Raglan Road is another Downtown Disney option. You can get reservations through their website instead of going through Disney and it's 1 ts credit on the DP. There's music after nine, more of a family crowd in the afternoon/early evenings. They have a chicken appetizer and two chicken entrees on the menu, so more than one choice for your chicken fan.

Tigger&Stitch
05-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Most of the restaurants on the Boardwalk outside of Epcot have walk-up reservations open.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

SingingLights
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
My family and I have never used the dining plan, so I am not sure if this restuarant is on it or not. The first time we ate there, we had no dinner plans for the evening. We were at the MK and went into Town Hall to ask what was available that evening. After going through the list of choices in the MK and the resorts close to it, of which we had been to all of them except, Victoria and Albert's, the CM recommended a short boat ride over to Camp Wilderness and a short walk from the dock to Trail's End. It was an All-You-Care-To-Eat buffet with BBQ ribs, fried chicken, a saugage dish, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, corn on the cob, salad, and desserts. There were also some additional choices for children and I think it was pizza and chicken strips but I could be wrong on that. They have sweet tea to drink and the atmosphere is very comfortable and fun. We have made it one of our top choices of places to eat outside the parks.

Try it, you'll like it!!!!:thumbsup:

tinkgirl07
05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
'OHANA!!!! If you can get it. 1900 Park Fare was pretty good too, if you have little princesses (or princes that are in love with a princess :secret:). Typical buffet, something for everyone. Depending on when you go, I've had great buffet food here or mediocre, I think it all depends on if you get lucky or not. (seem to think this is how it is with lots of wdw restaurants)

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

Rhetoric2000
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I would strongly second the vote for Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Resort. The skillet for everyone is the way to go (this would include unlimited chicken)

Also would recommend Captains Grill, Yaght Club and possbily T-REx Cafe depending on what your party thinks of garish/loud atmospheres.

EDIT: Totally forgot 1900 Park Fare - It's superb (though a pricier option)

ElenitaB
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
'Ohana if you can snag a reservation there. If not, consider Cape May at the Beach Club followed by a walk over to the Boardwalk to enjoy the evening atmosphere. Another great recommendation was for Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney. My DS' favorite restaurant at WDW and for good reason! :thumbsup: