PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME April Adventure - Day 6 with PICTURES!!!

the other micki
05-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Resort: Pop Century

Cast:
Me - Micki
DH - Jason
DD 14 - KayLea
DS 8 - Seth
DS 6 - Jared
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Thursday, April 30th

Well, get ready for another super fun day! (I'm getting a little predictable, huh?) Today, we caught the bus to AK and were there for the opening show. (My dad stayed back today. Needed more rest). As we started out, I suggested E:E for the first ride. Well, DD and I were really the only ones that were ready for it so early in the morning, so she and I went on it while DH, DSs and Sandy trekked in the Maharajah Jungle. We got FPs for everyone to ride later. We entered through the exit :secret: of the Trek and soon found the rest of our party. We all explored the rest of the jungle together seeing a sleeping tiger and many birds. Next, the kids wanted to go on the Kali River Rapids. I really wanted to save this for later. Frankly, I was afraid of the drenching I may get! Sandy would have nothing to do with it for she hates to be wet, but I sucked it up and went on with the fam. My DH decided to wear a poncho. Several people jokingly called him a "cheater". The 5 of us were the only ones on the raft. It was a fun, but kinda short ride. My DD got the most wet, but no one was seriously soaked. :whew: The kids wanted to go on it again. I wasn't pushing my luck and decided to stay with Sandy on the bridge. Now, this time my DD and DS8 came off looking like drowned rats! (But they loved it!) Since we were "in the neighborhood", we caught a Flights of Wonder show, then headed over to Everest to use our FPs. We all rode except DH. Fun, fun! Oh yeah, the yeti's on a screen now. Anyway, time to eat!

My DH decided on Flame Tree BBQ and we headed that way. As I walked down to the quiet eating spot by the water with a tray of drinks, my backpack shifted and, you guessed it, I had coke all over my shirt and in my DH's key lime pie! Thankfully, some CMs were close by and helped me out! The shirt dried out quickly and I just walked around the rest of the day with a big stain on my white t-shirt. Not a big deal! The ribs were great, but the beans left alot to be desired!

After eating, my DD and Sandy rode Dinosaur! while the rest of us played in the Boneyard. Next, we rode Triceratop Spin and Primeval Whirl. Then, it was time for a date with Nemo! :nemo: All I can say is...WOW! :jaw: The show is absolutely fabulous! We decided to head back to Pop now, but not before a Mickey bar and laying down a rhythm with the Village Beatniks. We thought it was funny that they were handing out Boomwhackers b/c we have some at home.

We got back to Pop and DH took the boys for a swim. I napped! At around 6:30, we all headed to the food court for dinner and then hopped in our van to head over to Wintersummerland Mini-golf! It was strange not to be taking the bus, but we figured it would be faster this way. Our cousins, Debi and Brian, met us again. Tonight their sons also came with them. This place is just so neat (Disney does everything well). We first planned on doing the "winter" course, but changed our mind. There was no one on the summer course :sun: and the winter course was more crowded. Besides, who doesn't like to hear Christmas carols sung by the Beach Boys! The pics of this outing are really cute, I think. My DS 8 got a hole-in-one and I got 2 hole-in-ones, but I think my DH still won!

Sigh...another great day. :cloud9: Tomorrow we're back at Magic Kingdom!

Thursday pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/theothermicki/Disney2009Thursday?feat=directlink

faline
05-10-2009, 05:06 PM
You packed quite a lot of fun into the day! Nice pics!

BluewaterBrad
05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

Hull-onian
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
First time I've even seen a Intercot.com tee shirt. That was very cool. Looks like you all had another wonderful day!!!!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 09:01 AM
another fabulous day. Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

mouseketeer mom
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
You're right!!!! Another fun day!:mickey:

vizsla
05-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

Mr_Increddieble
05-17-2009, 11:25 PM
thanks for the pics. you have a good camera eye. what smiles. can't beat it.
being there and knowing there's more fun at every turn.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

shan-ash
05-31-2009, 02:10 PM
glad it was another happy day!:mickey: