PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME April Adventure - Day 5 with PICTURES!!!

the other micki
05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Resort: Pop Century

Cast:
Me - Micki
DH - Jason
DD 14 - KayLea
DS 8 - Seth
DS 6 - Jared
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Wednesday, April 29th

As mentioned in the previous post, today was "sleep in" day. It was wonderful! Our room (me, DH and DS's) slept until about 9:00 and got up to go eat breakfast at Pop Food Court. Our kinfolk in the connecting room slept a little later. After eating, we made a big splash in the Hippy Dippy Pool. It was so nice to just take it easy this morning. We went back to the room and watched a movie (Air Bud) then got cleaned up as it was almost time to catch the bus to DTD. All 7 of us were ready at about 2:00. Now, this was the only time we waited on a bus (about 25 minutes). I figure maybe there aren't as many buses running to DTD as to the parks.

So, we reached DTD about 3:00 (first time we'd been here). Sandy went straight for the Christmas Shop :tree: and we all followed. She picked out an ornament :ornament: for all of her grandkids (including mine) and had them personalized. DD and I purchased Mickey earrings. My DH told me he was going off to walk around on his own (he likes to do this, so I accomodate). He actually saw the big balloon, but said it was not taking up people at that time for some reason. We visited the Toy store where my DS 8 bought a Club Penguin :penguin: toy (last pic). We then visited World of Disney and bought all of our basic souvenir t-shirts, plus I bought a multi-picture collage frame :shop:. While shopping here, DH came to get DS 6 and took him to the Lego store which they enjoyed. (Love the pic of my DD with the Lego girl). My dad insisted I look at the watches. I found one that I really liked! My birthday's coming up...hmmmm.... :secret:

Now, it was time to meet our Orlando cousins, Debi and Brian :hug:, for dinner. We had dinner at T-Rex and were all very impressed with the atmosphere. We didn't find it too loud that night, as I've seen others post. We mostly ordered sandwiches from the menu (hey, save the steak for the dining plan) and they were very good. No desserts here. DS's had fun in the dino-dig section afterward. Debi, Sandy, the boys and I rode the carousel (compliments of Debi) and then made a stop at Goofy's Candy Co. :goofy2: to use up some of our still fully intact snack credits.

It was a great day! Tomorrow...back to the parks!

Wednesday pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/theothermicki/Disney2009Wednesday?feat=directlink

Donald
05-09-2009, 02:27 PM
:mickey:Nice pics-thanks for sharing. I love the lego store!

SBETigg
05-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Sounds great. It's nice to hear more about T. Rex. Glad it was a good choice. Thanks.

faline
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
It's so nice to have a relaxed day off while at Disney!

mouseketeer mom
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I really like the pic of your DD with lego girl too!! Cute! Another terrific day!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Like I said...... relax days are great too!! Great way to get the batteries recharged, but also catch some Disney time!:mickey:

Hull-onian
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
DTD, is one of our favorites. We enjoy the West side too!!! I was impressed by the size of T-Rex even though we didn't eat there.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
I love the picture of your daughter next to the lego girl- too cute. Thanks again for sharing.

vizsla
05-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

shan-ash
05-31-2009, 02:03 PM
great idea for having a relaxing day scheduled!
love the lego kids photos!