PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Minature Golf courses

ransam
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM
i am not sure what board to put this on....but we are staying at the pop century hotel....we don't have a car....but part of our package is free minature golf....last time i played at Fantasia Gardens we drove there. Not sure how to get there without a car. I don't think a bus actually goes there...is there a way to get there on Disney's transportation system.

julie0282
05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
i was wondering the same thing ???? :confused:

Marceline
05-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I am not certain about Fantasia Gardens as we haven't been there yet. I think it's within walking distance from the Boardwalk adjacent to the Swan/Dolphin resorts, but don't quote me on this.

I would also recommend the Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses located just outside the entrance to Blizzard Beach. These are really cute themed courses and any bus that takes you to Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach will also get you there, just disembark at the Blizzard Beach stop. :mickey::thumbsup:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2009, 01:19 AM
The way my DH and I get to Fantasia Gardens is to grab any of the busses heading to one of the parks or DTD. From there you can catch a bus to the Boardwalk or the Swan and Dophin Resort and get off there. I believe the swan and dophin is closer though. From there you can walk over to the miniture golf course. We sometimes hit Boardwalk because we enjoy the scenery and atmosphere over there.

Someone else may have a better way, but again this is what we do. Kind of a round about way of doing it, but I'm not sure if there's an easier way without actually driving there yourself.

caryrae
05-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Seems you guys are right.

This is what info central says.

How to get to Blizzard Beach and Winter Summerland?

Take: Animal Kingdom Bus
(After 9PM - See Cast Member for transportation options back to your resort.)

How to get to Fantasia Gardens?

Take: Bus to Downtown Disney, transfer to Swan/Dolphin Bus, then Walk.

MOJoe
05-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I woudn't use DTD as a transfer point. If i was traveling from POP, i most likely would go to the Studios, then walk or take the Friendship boat to the Swan, and walk across the street from there.
If you are golfing late in the evening, you may have to use DTD as your transfer point, if the Studios aren't open. Or you can take a cab from the Swan. About $12.

joelkfla
05-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Fantasia Gardens is across the street from the Swan. When DHS is open, that is indeed your best transfer point, as stated above. Remember that you cannot transfer at Epcot, as there is normally no bus service from Epcot to the Swan; but if you're in the park you can exit at the International Gateway and walk or take the boat. When DHS is closed, you'll need to transfer at either MK or DTD.

Winter Summerland is located at BB (there's a short path right next to the BB entrance.) While BB is open, from Pop Century take the DAK bus, and tell the driver you are going to BB. After BB closes, you'll need to go to Epcot, where we run a bus to BB until 11 p.m.

Damon18
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I woudn't use DTD as a transfer point. If i was traveling from POP, i most likely would go to the Studios, then walk or take the Friendship boat to the Swan, and walk across the street from there.

This is how we got there on our last trip. We caught the boat from DHS. I would say it took about 30 minutes to get there from Pop.