PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe we're actually at Disney, and boy is it HOT!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow! I still can't believe we're actually here! It is so awesome :mickey:

We're all cosy in our room at French Quarter (third-floor, pool view), and DH got the internet to check some hockey scores (congrats to any intercotees who are Windsor Spitfires fans), so I decided to write a super-quick on the spot trip report!

Cast of Characters:
Me - the obsessive Disney-planner
DH - the "all about the hidden Mickey's and DSI"
DD - turning 11 on this trip, our little princess

Our trip so far:
Day 0/1: We drove from Brampton to the Autotrain, and the train on the way down was awesome. It was super-quiet, we had the entire lower level of the sleeper car to ourselves...talk about privacy!

We checked in to FQ at 10:30am, and our room wasn't ready (we were told that it would be ready some time between 3pm and 5pm). We were about to head off to a park, when we realized that we didn't get our parking pass!?!? A quick trip to the concierge desk reveals that the CM who checked us in forget a zillion things, but they got us all sorted out :drive:

So, we're off to the MK. We have our traditional first day lunch at Casey's, the cheese sauce is sooooo good :eat:

Then, we start the attractions. The Haunted Mansion, one of our favourites, it ruined by TWO groups of people taking pictures throughout the whole ride (this will be a theme for the day), but we figure that we will ride again later. So, we get FP for Peter Pan (40 minute standy-by...and the queue is just toooo boring). While we're waiting for the FP time, we do it's a small world (one of DD's favourites, again, the boats were all full of people taking pictures :( ), Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Philarmagic, Tea Cups, Liberty Belle Riverboat and the (much better trip) through the Haunted Mansion.

Peter Pan was awesome, except again for the stupid people taking pictures. This time, I'm frustrated so after the 3rd one I yell "there is no flash photography on this ride" and the woman stops. Geesh, some people!

We decide that we're tired from the trip, and we head back to the resort, hoping our room would be ready, since it isn't yet 5pm. We were super-worried about crazy-crowds, but so far, so good, we got to do more than we expected!

Our room is ready (yeah!), so we get settled, swim, eat dinner and head off to DTD to make some birthday t-shirts.

OK, we love making shirts for each trip, and we didn't get them on-line this time, so we could make them at DTD, but the whole thing was a little disappointing. You can only design the front of the shirt, and there are way less options than on-line. However, the shirts look nice, so I guess I can't complain too much. If you're interested, the "shirt spot" is a bit hard to find...it is in the store next to the Rainforest Cafe.

Day 2 - Epcot!
We, for the first time ever DRIVE to Epcot (so we can head to DTD later and pick-up our t-shirts) The trip is easy, and before we know it, we're walking under Spaceship Earth. DH runs and gets a FP for Soarin' and DD signs-up for a Kim Possible mission. We spend and hour or so in Innovations (we LOVE this place), doing all of the activities, the fire-safety game, the video-game...it was all awesome :) DH goes on Mission Space, then Soarin' and then we're off to KP! We save Japan, Germany and China! They are so fun! We loved being a part of the test run a couple of years ago, and it nice to see what they actually did/didn't do since the test.

After saving the world, we pick-up our t-shirts, swim some more and then back to Epcot for dinner at the Garden Grill. It was yummy, charcter interaction was good, and I'm told it was good luck since I found a lady bug in my salad :) DD got a birthday card from the characters, which was a nice touch.

We slip out of Epcot before the crowds, swim some more...and then up to the room.

So far, the trip has been great! :thumbsup: We're doing the dash for TSM at DHS tomorrow morning...wish us luck :mickey:

the other micki
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Sounds great so far! Got pretty feisty with those shutterbugs - you go girl! It was hot last weekend when we were there. I had sweat running down my face during our KP Missions!

AmandaChan
05-09-2009, 03:20 AM
We'll be at POFQ on the 13th! Hope you have a great rest of your trip.

Jeff
05-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the report.
Glad your having a good time.:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
05-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Great report!!! I can feel your excitement! We love Casey's too, and I agree about the cheese sauce! Sounds like a wonderful start...except for that ladybug..was it alive??

PrettyMinnie
05-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Your trip sounds amazing so far. I am so glad I read this too because we want to FP Peter Pan when we go but we are nervous there will be none left. What time did you get yours??

aprilisis
05-09-2009, 09:35 AM
GREAT report! Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip...keep it up!

SBETigg
05-09-2009, 09:36 AM
What a great start! Can you believe all the people who don't follow the photography rules? They don't realize, or don't care, if it ruins it for other people as long as they get what they want. I usually try to ignore it, but sometimes I have to say something, too. Good for you.

I'm glad the drive to Epcot worked out fine, and best wishes on Toy Story Mania. We had so much fun that we ended up riding twice in a row (only 20 minutes in line!). I hope you find no wait (but the queue is really fun anyway, lots to look at).

faline
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I certainly hope increased use of flash photography on the dark rides isn't a new trend! It's so annoying!

Thanks for taking time out of your trip to report!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
For PrettyMinnie...We got our FP for Peter Pan around 12:30pm, and we had a return time between 3:30pm and 4:30pm.

Hope you can get some on your trip :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Good luck at The Studios!! Have fun!:mickey:

Hull-onian
05-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Good report!!! We just got back from POFQ. It was great!!!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Good report. Go easy on the shutterbugs- it might be their only trip to the world.

PiratesCove
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah for you! Color me jealous! ;)

Great trip report!

i'm grumpy
05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't recall any CMS saying no flash photography. Sure is annoying though.

doodleboy
05-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Resort- BCV
Weather - 90F or better daily
Crowds - not bad at all so far IMHO crowd calendar was way off. I am in line for TSM as I write this. Stand by is 30 minutes @ 10 AM.

miracle1018
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't recall any CMS saying no flash photography. Sure is annoying though.

We were on Pirates yesterday and I wanted to throttle the one mom a couple of rows ahead of us. She kept taking photos of her children in the seat ahead of us using her flash. We were pretty much blind by the end of the ride. Mark wanted me to take a flash picture towards her while she was facing back for payback, but I'm not that kind of person and could never do it. It's too bad, she probably won't even remember where her kids were when she took those pictures.

take care,
Mark & Becky
:mickey:

g8rgirl29
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you are having a great trip despite all the flashing strobe light pics being taken!!! I hope you continue to have a great trip!!!

January-2007
05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for reporting.

princessgirls
05-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the report!

It all sounds great!

We love the French Quarter too!

Julie:mickey:

Rich
05-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I enjoyed reading your trip report. What is "KP" short for? Sounds like fun.

Rich

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Rich
05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Never mind. Figured it out.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/kim-possible/

WDWCrazyKaren
06-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I hope the budding photographers curb their enthusiasm for the remainder of your trip! Enjoy! Tell us about Kim Possible when you get back. This will be something new for us.