PDA

View Full Version : what not to miss during christmas season?

kwhitt3202
05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
We are going end of November beginning of December and want to know what are some things not to miss. Has anyone done the hayride at holiday times and how was it and how much? There will be DH, DS age 4, and myself. Any input would be great.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Osborne lights in MGM! Illuminations holiday show, MVMCP, lobby and gingerbread house in Grand Floridian, Santas around the world in Epcot... :santa:

AllDisney
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Ditto:thumbsup:

All those things mentioned, plus the beautiful tree that's in the lobby at WL. Actually, if you have time visit some of the other deluxe resorts and check out their decorations.

sassafras
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
All of the above and POR had cajan style Christmas music in the lobby the last time we were there for Christmas! Don't know if they still do, but you might check it out!

Marilyn Michetti
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
The Candlelight Processional and the tree lighting in Epcot.

Music timed to the fountains, (or vice versa), and all the wonderful decorations and smells.:santa:

ryca1dreams
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
The gingerbread men marching during the MVMCP parade. That was fun.

Lakin
05-09-2009, 12:24 PM
We are going end of November beginning of December and want to know what are some things not to miss. Has anyone done the hayride at holiday times and how was it and how much? There will be DH, DS age 4, and myself. Any input would be great.

Hey, we're going at the end of November, too! In 2007, we stayed at the end of November, and had a fantastic time!

Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney have HUGE Christmas trees covered in the most AMAZING decorations. They are at the entrance of each park, so you HAVE to check them out.

Also, make sure to head over to the Grand Floridian and check out the life sized gingerbread house. Even though you're not staying there, It's quite interesting to go see it, anyways.

I haven't seen the Osborne lights at Hollywood Studios yet, but I suggest you check it out, because it looks really cool. :)

Have a GREAT time!

DisneyPrincess21
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM

We are going in the begining of December (4-12) I am so excited! This will be my 3rd year in a row going to wdw at christmastime, It is my favorite time of year plus it's great spending it at wdw because that's my favorite also.
You don't want to miss osborne lights at mgm, holiday wishes, or illuminations. Plus I would also suggest MVMCP it's a must do for my family. It also wonderful hearing the holiday music playing in the parks and during the fireworks show, So basically everything at Disney is extra special and wonderful during the holiday's so no matter what you do, It will deffiently get you into the holiday spirit. :santa3::santa::santa3:

joanna71985
05-10-2009, 01:47 PM
My holiday favorites include:
*the Osbourne Lights Show at DHS
*The Santas around the WS at Epcot
*MVMCP (if you can swing it)

DisneyorBust
05-11-2009, 07:29 AM
That is my absolute favorite time of year to be in WDW!
Some of my favorites:
DHS-Osbourne Festival of Lights
Epcot-Holiday Illuminations, Santas around the World, Candlelight Processional, Italian Arches
MK-MVMCP, Holiday WISHES!
We alos love the decorations adorning all of the parks and resorts. It is a magical time to be there! Have a great time.

TheRustyScupper
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Our Christmas "Don't Miss" List:
Some may seem off-beat, but sure helps the seasonal spirit.

1) Lobby of Wilderness Lodge
2) Lobby of Grand Floridian Resort
3) Osborne Lights at DHS
4) Story Tellers at each Epcot country
5) Decorated RV's at Fort Wilderness

LarryBoy
05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
My two favorites were the Osborne Family Lights and the Candlelight Processional. In the past the Osborne Lights usually stay open an hour after park closing. What we did was have a late dinner at Sci-fi and then took in the lights afterward. Before dinner it was wall to wall people at the lights. After dinner the place was practically deserted. It was so much more enjoyable without the crowds of people. Also do the dinning package for the Candlelight.

ibrowse17
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
We really enjoy the resort decorations, and never miss them:thumbsup:

PiratesCove
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Osborne Lights @ MGM ( Sorry, I can't call it anything else!) and Down Town Disney. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Everyone has pretty much covered all the must sees, but defintely make the time to resort hop and check out all the decorations. When we were lucky enough to go during the holidays we made sure to see and do the holiday specific stuff more so than the stuff you can see any time of year. But we've been lucky enough to go numerous times so we knew we'd see and ride all the rides the next time.

RAIDER
05-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Another vote for the Osborne Lights and Candlite Procession .There a must :thumbsup: