PDA

View Full Version : Allegiant Air

Janet89
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
RATS! I shouldn't have looked, but their rates have dropped for our July trip. Too bad I was a chicken and booked last month! :mad: Oh Well . . . . We still got a decent deal, but I like to save $$. Just venting. :)

animalkingdomguy
05-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Hello, I don't mean to be nosy nate but, are you flying into Orlando International (MCO) or Orlando Sanford International (SFB)? Allegiant doesn't show service for (MCO). I have read many posts of people that got a big surprise when they landed only to find that they were at Sanford (SFB) and where not at the airport served by Magical Express (MCO). Apparently the ground transportation from (SFB) to WDW is more expensive than (MCO). Just wanted to ask ahead of time. I'm sure you where quite aware of all your travel plans and my question is not necessary. Hope you have a magical vacation.

i'm grumpy
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Allegiant was so cheap we could have covered a limo easily, but they were only flying 2 days last week. And they were non-stop.:(

Wayne
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Why do I fly Allegiant to Sanford rather than another airline to MCO?

Fares are CHEAP
They offer the only non-stop from my location
I can get a limo from Sanford and still save a significant amount over the lowest price from my city to MCO

From my vantage point, there's only one choice for me to make.

i'm grumpy
05-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Probably less hassle at Sanford too. Going home we got on the wrong shuttle after finally getting through security because it wasn't marked and almost missed our plane. We didn't know the airline had moved our flight up 1:10! Had to wait 3 hours for our second plane when that flight was only 1 hour!!

TheRustyScupper
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
1) We like Allegiant, and have flown them several times.
2) They are a very smart low-cost airline.
. . . they fly a limited schedule from any airport
. . . sometimes they fly only 2-days a week from an airport
. . . if capacity goes down, they stop flying that airport
. . . they are cheap, but there are several extra charges
. . . they have *usually* pleasant air crews
. . . they fly point-to-point direct flights, so no airport connections