PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME April Adventure - Day 3 with PICTURES!!!

the other micki
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Resort: Pop Century

Cast:
Me - Micki
DH - Jason
DD 14 - KayLea
DS 8 - Seth
DS 6 - Jared
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Monday, April 27th

We woke to a beautiful sunny day and headed to Epcot for opening! After applying our sunscreen and making it through the tunrstiles, my DS 8 played a fun game of basketball with the Epcot cleaning crew! Now where else but at Disney would you see this happen?!? :mickey: He made 4 shots in a row into the rolling garbage can (of course, the CM helped a bit by moving the can around ;)). (see pic) Once the rope dropped, we headed to Test Track. This was definitely one of the overall fave attractions with the kids. We rode it twice with no wait. Next was Soarin' with 20 or 30 minute wait, then Living with the Land (first time on this and everyone liked it - esp. DS 6). At the Living Seas we rode the Nemo clamshell ride (1st for us) :nemo: and then visited one of my faves, Turtle Talk!!! :turtle: Unfortunately, because of my eagerness to see Turtle Talk right then, we were 10 minutes late for our Coral Reef ADR. I asked for a table by the tank, but the CM reminded me that we were late (ouch!) and we didn't get that coveted tank table. We had a wonderful lunch anyway and was able to see the tank well (we were up on the second level). We even saw a shark :shark:, which was cool. We really loved this meal. This was a fave of all the adults! The blackened catfish - delicious!!! (And no tummy aches, yea!) Now stuffed, I took DS 6 on the Figment ride while the others caught the HISTA show. My DS 8 admitted to being frightened during this, but boy, is he being brave! While DS 6 and I were waiting on the others to come out of HISTA, he had a blast watching the jumping water! (see pics) Sometimes something so simple fascinates!

We now caught the bus back to Pop and had great fun taking a relaxing dip in the pool. :swim: In the late afternoon, DH and I decided to head back to Epcot with the kids. Dad and Sandy decided they needed more rest and stayed at the resort.

Upon re-entering Epcot, SSE was up first! I love the changes they've made! We spent quite a while in the SpacePort (is that what it's called?) driving cars and putting bodies back together. We walked over to the KP Mission stand, but there were no missions left for that day (it was 7pm at this point, so we were probably too late). No worries, we'll be back! I was secretly kinda glad :secret:, because it meant I could catch the last show of the Dragon Legend Acrobats! The show was in the temple. They were fabulous! Next was Maelstrom and then something for dinner. DS 8 talked us all into Mexican, except my DH. So, he got take-out Chinese and met us at the Cantina. I can't say much for the Mexican food, pretty bland. We rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, then headed back to Pop - tired but happy!

See Monday pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/theothermicki/Disney2009Monday?feat=directlink

SBETigg
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
What a fun day! And great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

#1disneyfan
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Another great report and pics! Making me really rethink our year off at WDW this year :(

faline
05-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Another lovely day for you and your family!

mouseketeer mom
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Loved this day too, and I agree about the blackened catfish at Coral Reef..yum!! Thanks for the pictures, too!

BluewaterBrad
05-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Sounds like another great day!:mickey:

Hull-onian
05-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow what a great day you all had!!!

vizsla
05-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 08:26 AM
SOunds like a great day. Thanks for sharing. Very nice pics.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

shan-ash
05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
what another fun day!!:thumbsup: