PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP and Tipping

Lillygoose
05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
If the DDP covers everything on your meal, except the tip, what form(s) of payment can you use to pay the tip? Will they accept a credit card for just the amount of the tip or do we have to bring cash??

faline
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Credit card would be accepted for the tip plus anything else you might purchase that is not part of the dining plan.

MickeyandTink
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
If you are staying on property, you can also just have it charged to your room. That's what we always do. It's much more convenient that way.

kakn7294
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Regardless of whether it's free dining or you pay for a dining plan, you can pay your tip with cash, credit card, check card, or charge it to your room.

LarryBoy
05-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Do they show you how much you're meal would have been, so you know how much to tip?

TheRustyScupper
05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Do they show you how much you're meal would have been, so you know how much to tip?

1) Yes.
2) The receipt even has the recommended 18% tip amount. *

* This is something I hate! I do not like to be told how much to tip.

wdwnomad
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
You can do it either way. Personally, I like to tip in cash because it goes faster. When they give you the bill it comes out with the "recommended" tips of 15%, 18% and 20% (if I remember correctly). You can put in what you want in the tip section. I always write in cash in that section and give them my KTTW card. This way all they need to do is run the dining plan through then close out the check. Then all you need to do is sign for the dining plan and leave the tip and your done. Using a credit card then they have to run that after the dining plan is put through. Then that generates more receipts. You end up having to sign for both then figure out which are your copies and which are the restaurants. It is pretty tedious in my opinion. Plus if you have a slow server that just adds to it. I know sometimes by the end of dinner the kids are itching to get out or we only have 15 minutes to get over to the MK for fireworks. In the end it is just easier to leave cash.

One thing I won't do is charge the tip back to the room. I have heard more than a few stories of the server charging the whole meal back to the room instead of just the tip. I'd rather not have to deal with that to get it fixed. You can prevent that by having one card set-up to not have charging privledges tied to it. Then just use that for the dining plan.