PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME April Adventure - Day 1 & 2 with PICTURES!!!

the other micki
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, what can I say...the thread title says it all...this trip was AWESOME! We had soooo much fun!

Resort: Pop Century

Cast:
Me - Micki
DH - Jason
DD14 - KayLea
DS 8 - Seth
DS 6 - Jared
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Saturday, April 25th

We left Denham Springs, LA at around 8:30 am and headed down I-12. Thankfully, a very uneventful drive. :car: Arrived at the Lake City Best Western around 6:30 pm. We were now somewhat wishing we had decided to just drive straight through to WDW since we had made much better time than last trip, but C'est la Vie! The kids were glad to get out of the van and take a cold dip into the pool while Sandy and I visited the Lake City Wal-Mart for some essentials. The hotel suited our needs well.

Sunday, April 26th

This is day I had been waiting for! We'd soon be driving through the gates of WDW! First, though, we ate a mediocre continental breakfast at the hotel. At breakfast we met a nice family from Fayetteville, AR also travelling to WDW. They were also staying at Pop! Soon we were loaded up and ready to leave! It was again around 8:30 am. In the short distance between LC and WDW, we had to stop twice! I stayed calm, but was bursting with eagerness to get there! :yay:

We made it there by 11:00 (gotta love that Western Way!). We checked in quickly due to online check-in. I highly recommend this! Kept us out of a fairly long, slow-moving line. We walked right up and only waited about a minute. We did get a couple of looks from people in the long line like "Why are you special?" ;) Thanks intercot and MJ! We got things out of the van and into the rooms. I had requested the 70's bldg., but we were given the 80's bldg. facing the lake. This location was fine. The kids loved the computer pool! It was pretty quiet. The only problem we had being by the lake was one night when my DD almost stepped on a ground rattler (it was small, but still!) :eek:

Pretty soon, we were off to MK! The weather was perfecto, and stayed that way all week. We got there by 12:30 (over an hour earlier than I expected!) The bus service from Pop was excellent, by the way. Once in the MK, we took in the sight and sounds of Main Street and got a cute pic in front of the castle (see pics - I'm on the far left). Shout out to my friend, Lane, for making the cute shirts for us! We headed to Buzz Lightyear (a new one for us) per request of my DSs. There were quite a lot of people in the park (much more than our May trip 3 years ago), but I was still hoping for a short wait time for Buzz. When we got there, it was only 10 minutes, so I was encouraged! This was a cute ride, but no one was dying to do it again, so we next vistied the Laugh Floor. Now, this we loved! :sulley: Pretty sure the monsters were able to light up many homes with just the laughter from our group of 7! At this point, our tummies were growling. Cosmic Ray's, here we come! Everyone enjoyed their meal here and my DS6 was enthralled with the Lounge Lizard (see pic). After lunch, I took DS6 to ride the Indy cars while everyone else rode Stitch. DS8 said it did scare him a little. After a spin on the COP (and watching the last scene twice due to tech. difficulties), we then wanted to ride POTC (as it was being refurbed in '06), but the 3:00 parade was in full swing and blocked the easiest path to Adventureland. We watched a little of the parade, then decided to go around the back of the castle. We skipped over Fantasyland for now, but did take spin on HM. Both DSs were a little frightened in the stretching room. DS 8 closed his eyes through much of the ride, also. :scared: Before reaching POTC, we did take a looksee at wait times for Splash and BTMRR (70 and 80 minutes, respectively). The part of the park was very busy (due to Space Mtn. being down, no doubt.) We finally made it over to POTC and enjoyed this ride lots! We saw our Fayetteville friends, but that was the last time we ran into them all week. DH and DS8 had some fun dressing up in the gift shop (see pic), and DS8 found a friend to pillage and plunder with (sword fight and gun battle). We caught the end of Jack Sparrow's Tutorial (very cute!) DSs and I went on the Carpets. I had to talk DS8 into it, as he thinks he's getting too big for such rides, but he enjoyed it. DH and kids explored the Treehouse next and then we all needed a break from the crowds and sun, so we headed for the monorail.

We rode it around Epcot and took a visit to the GF. Wow! Beautiful place. We bought some bath salt balls and then relaxed in the lobby to the sounds of their wonderful pianist. :piano: To see the little girls dancing around the piano in their princess dresses was precious! Time to hop the monorail again (kept trying to get the front seat for kids, but to no avail!) We showed up a few minutes early for our Ohana ADR. :lei: We all enjoyed this meal. My DD declared this as her fave all trip. The boys did the coconut races. I did as suggested on intercot and saved room for the bread pudding - glad I did! Yummy! Unfortunately however, I got severe tummy pains on the way back to Pop. I was now nervous that I would react this way to all WDW food! I had thought to catch Spectro that night, and could have, but my tummy troubles kept me from it. Oh well, next time! After a while, I felt better (no one else in my group had the pains). I enjoyed watching the kids swim in the computer pool and then it was time to snooze.

Pics for Sunday below:

http://picasaweb.google.com/theothermicki/Disney2009Sunday?feat=directlink

mouseketeer mom
05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh this is fun!!! Great arrival day, you made fantastic time! Sorry about your tummy troubles...I always seem to react to WDW too , and I'm not sure why. Love the pics and I'm looking forward to more!

faline
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Terrific start to your trip (except for the tummy pains - hope they went away soon)!

jillluvsdisney
05-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Loved the t-shirts. We've done that also.

vizsla
05-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Been away from this site for several months, and your trip report and pics was a great way to come back! Thanks

Magic Smiles
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Great T-shirsts. Thanks for the report and photos. If I can't be there then the next best thing is to enjoy someone elses photos.

BluewaterBrad
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Great report!1 those shirts are really cool! I am headed to your next report!:mickey:

Hull-onian
05-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Great report and nice photos:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Love the shirts. I too am making shirts for our next trip. We will 9 and only 1 child. Great start to a great vacation.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

shan-ash
05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
great starrt--love the pictures:mickey: