PDA

View Full Version : Do you get DW tickets cheaper if you stay on property?

vester
05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I've stayed off property before (gasp)!!!

I'll wait for you all to catch your breath :) I LOVED it - and we stayed at the Grande Marriott Vista. The drive time to MK was door to the door of MK less than 45 min so it was ok for us - but we are considering staying on property this time.

Are DW tickets cheaper if you stay on property? I know that they have magic hours....

Any other benefits? Im thinking of Coronado or the CBR.

Thanks!

Seasonscraps
05-08-2009, 12:19 PM
The park tickets are not less expensive unless it's part of a package - but I don't know if there's a way to break out the cost when you do book a package.

Other perks of staying on property:
*free parking at the parks
*you can charge purchases to your room
*you can have packages delivered to your resort
*At the 90 day mark, you can make ADRs for the first 10 days of your vacation instead of calling everyday
*magical express from the airport

vester
05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Can you explain the 90 day mark, "ADR" statement? I'm confused!!!!!

Seasonscraps
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
You can start making your dining reservations 90 days in advance of the day you wish to dine.

A non-resort guest would have to call 90 days before each day they want to make a reservatin.

As a resort guest, you are able to call 90 days before your arrival date and make reservations for each day of your vacation even though it's more then 90 days before you plan to go to the restaurant.

CleveRocks
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Tickets as part of a package are NOT any cheaper than just anyone buying them themselves.

andreallybadeggs
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Welcome to Intercot! You'll find some of us are not all out opposed to staying off property. My family has done several trips both way. We prefer staying on site but have had good reasons to stay off for some of our vacations and still managed to enjoy ourselves immensely. Besides the welcome, wanted to encourage you to consider Magical Journeys for your first on site visit. You'll find LOTS of Intercotees who swear by them.

vester
05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Whats magical journeys?

Sorry for my ignorance...

BMan62
05-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Whats magical journeys?

Sorry for my ignorance...

Magical Journeys is a sponsor of Intercot and one of the best groups of people dedicated to making your vacation Magical!

They will find every option to help you save money on your vacation plans. BUT, they do NOT book flights!!

'Try them, you'll like them!!'

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
On a pure dollar basis tickets are not cheaper if you stay in the resorts....however, if you think about you costs on a "per hour" basis, staying in the parks does make some financial sense. For you could theoretically get an extra four hours of park time a day (1 hour morning of EMH and 3 mour hours of evening EMH) per day...which would make your park tickets a much greater value.