PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Southwest Airlines!!!

BMan62
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I know, corny, but I have just got to crow about the great deals on Southwest Airlines!!

We just got flights to/from Orlando (MCO) from/to Baltimore (BWI) for $49 each way per person for our trip in mid-September!!! That's $80 less in total than they were just one week ago!!!

It pays to check daily for fares and not just book immediately when they come out for your dates!!

wire0monkey
05-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I do book immediately, but I learned a great thing about Southwest this spring. If the price of your flight goes down, you can rebook your reservation at the lower price. If you have non-refundable fair, they will give you a credit for the balance.

I save $221 from my original booking that way.

SWA is really awesome. I love them.

cer
05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee too! :number1:

Tinkerbellaella
05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I love Southwest too. We booked early and took advantage of rebooking for credit. It was very easy to do and they credits can be used for anyone, not just for they original party.

MarkC
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Shouldn't you say you "LUV" them? If you don't know what that means, look up their stock symbol.

mook3y
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I LUV Ding!

wildernesslady
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
They always seem to come down. It is just hard being patient enough to wait it out. I think it is pretty safe to say we are all a little neurotic when it comes to our disney vacations.

TikiGoddess
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I have been checking SW every day for our return flights (TPA to BDL (Hartford)) in August. The fares have been $139 o/w since they opened the dates!! I got $78 o/w for our flight down... hoping to see the same thing for our trip back.

Two years ago we flew down to FL for $475 -- that's for 4 people, round trip, on SW. This time around it's looking like $700 will be the best deal we can snag. Not too bad!

Kathy

WishingStar2006
05-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm holding out for our trip in August...right now from Baltimore to Orlando it's $119 each way for the three of us...it's over $700. AND, they don't have the 8:00+pm flight anymore for the return. The latest is 5:00ish which mean ME will pick us up at 2:00ish...we're really losing that day!!! :pout::pout: I think I keep hoping that they'll add it back!!!!

Jared
05-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I do book immediately, but I learned a great thing about Southwest this spring. If the price of your flight goes down, you can rebook your reservation at the lower price. If you have non-refundable fair, they will give you a credit for the balance.

I save $221 from my original booking that way.
I had the same experience with JetBlue for my upcoming flights between White Plains, N.Y. (HPN), and Orlando. I was given about $170 of credit because of that, and I didn't even realize the price went down!

Speaking of Southwest, it is starting service out of LaGuardia in June. Perhaps we will see flights to Orlando at some point.

Mitzie
05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Is SW the only airline that will credit back to you if the fare drops? We currently have round trip flights on Airtran. We got the flights for $116 per person and thought that was a great rate...will be bummed if we could of done better.:(

BMan62
05-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm holding out for our trip in August...right now from Baltimore to Orlando it's $119 each way for the three of us...it's over $700. AND, they don't have the 8:00+pm flight anymore for the return. The latest is 5:00ish which mean ME will pick us up at 2:00ish...we're really losing that day!!! :pout::pout: I think I keep hoping that they'll add it back!!!!

I see weekend flights out of Baltimore for August are down to $99, but weekday flights are all $49.

The week end flights would still end up being around $120 savings for you right now, but if you could do week days you could save $$$$$

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
05-09-2009, 04:00 PM
They always seem to come down. It is just hard being patient enough to wait it out. I think it is pretty safe to say we are all a little neurotic when it comes to our disney vacations.

I am also getting a little crazy waiting for price to come down. We have airfare down but still not home, 6/26-7/6. If the price doesn't come down soon we'll just have to move into the castle:yes::yay: