PDA

View Full Version : We do it because Its there

Mousemates
05-08-2009, 01:41 AM
A post in the rumors section about the possible update of Star Tours :thumbsup: got me to thinking about things we do at WDW not so much because we really enjoy them, but simply because they are there. (for me Star Tours has become such a ride).

so my question is this one...while there are some rides we all look forward to riding when we arrive at the parks ...what are the rides/attractions you consistently visit at WDW, not so much because you enjoy them or anticipate the ride experience, but simply because they are there.

My big three would be Star Tours

Gran Fiesta Tour though the Three Caballeros have given it a wee bit of new life

The Hall of Presidents

brownie
05-08-2009, 07:19 AM
There may be rides that we ride as we pass them because the lines are short, but I don't really have any rides that I ride just because they are there at Walt Disney World. If someone in our group doesn't like a ride, we probably will not go on it.

Jeniflower
05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
We do "its a small world" every year because its a classic, but if freaks me out, scarier than any other ride

prttynpnk
05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
We do It's a Small world (as often as my husband can take it) and Carousel of Progress because I like to support the rides that Walt was involved it- get that feeling of history going.

WDW_Obsessed
05-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I would say the Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones and Honey I shrunk the Audience. I enjoy them, but not as much as most other attractions or rides.

elmjimmlm
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I would say The Tikki Room...Don't get me wrong I think that its cute but I could pass it up no problem but there is always a short line to cool air...:fan:

GrumpyFan
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Hmmm... good question. I've thought about this a few times. And, I think there are several attractions at WDW that are still around and have the number of riders they do solely because they're just there. I think if they brought back ticket books, we would probably see a lot more rides get closed, updated or replaced even. Because, if people had to decide between one ride that they liked over one that they weren't that fond of, I think they would choose the former first.

Anyway, here's my list:
MK
- Small World
- Hall of Presidents - naptime, get out of rain
- Carousel of Progress

Epcot
- Spaceship Earth
- Journey into imagination
- American Experience
- Gran Fiesta Tour

DHS
- Sounds Dangerous
- Backlot Tour
- Animation Tour
- Lights, Motors, Action
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show

AK
- Conservation Station
- Kilimanjaro Safari

Now, just because I listed so many, doesn't necessarily mean that I would want to see them go away. I think it's a necessity for Disney to have a good mixture of attractions that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Sure, some are cheesy, corny, lame or just boring, and they could stand to be refreshed, but they still work and entertain people most of the time, with a few exceptions.

DNS
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I would say for us, Spaceship Earth and Conservation Station. Those are the only two I can think of that we continue to do even though we are not really interested.

cinderella crazy
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Really? Spaceship Earth? I always think it's neat to see on here the different opinions people have on rides. For us, Spaceship Earth is a must. We love it. But now that you mention it, I can see how that may not be some people's favorite (I'm actually kind of nervous about it because we haven't ridden it since they changed it).

For me, it would be Imagination, Universe of Energy, and the Great Movie Ride.

crltkcagle
05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't go on any that I don't enjoy, like stitch or ellen's ride. I would rather spend my time in POTC. LOL

GINNY69
05-09-2009, 08:31 AM
i would have to say its a small world. But if its something that really annoys me like the tiki birds or the country bear jamboree I won't waste my time.. But really there is not much that I would not do at disney I look forward to 90% of everything at WDW...

Dulcee
05-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Hmmm... good question. I've thought about this a few times. And, I think there are several attractions at WDW that are still around and have the number of riders they do solely because they're just there. I think if they brought back ticket books, we would probably see a lot more rides get closed, updated or replaced even. Because, if people had to decide between one ride that they liked over one that they weren't that fond of, I think they would choose the former first.

Anyway, here's my list:
MK
- Small World
- Hall of Presidents - naptime, get out of rain
- Carousel of Progress

Epcot
- Spaceship Earth
- Journey into imagination
- American Experience
- Gran Fiesta Tour

DHS
- Sounds Dangerous
- Backlot Tour
- Animation Tour
- Lights, Motors, Action
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show

AK
- Conservation Station
- Kilimanjaro Safari

Now, just because I listed so many, doesn't necessarily mean that I would want to see them go away. I think it's a necessity for Disney to have a good mixture of attractions that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Sure, some are cheesy, corny, lame or just boring, and they could stand to be refreshed, but they still work and entertain people most of the time, with a few exceptions.

:jaw: Your "do it because its there list" encompasses half of my must see list lol Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress, Kilimanjaro Safari, American Experince, Animation Tour...

Just goes to show you the different appeal of WDW to even different WDW fanatics I suppose :mickey:

Personally I've always tended to avoid Mickey's toontown probably because I don't have kids or are a huge fan of characters...but other then that I can't think of much I don't look forward to doing on upcoming trips..

MaxPower
05-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Fantasmic
Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Soarin
Test Track
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Yes this list is a joke
Haunted Mansion
Wishes/Fireworks
Pirates of the Carribean
Illuminations

cindchan
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
For me, I don't ride a ride simply because it's Disney. If I don't like it, I don't ride it. Because forcing yourself to ride some "because you always do" is time that you could have been riding something you like.

And apparently, I'm the only person who actually likes Hall of Presidents and will actually see it more than once in one trip.

mjm12000
05-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I would have to say and I know people will probably flame me for saying it but I have to say Pirates of the Caribbean is the one ride at MK that I go on because it is there but I really don't anything out of it anymore.

Villains0501
05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Space Mountain

Pooh

Small World

#1donaldfan
05-12-2009, 07:44 AM
...the busses......the rest of the rides are fun !!

Ha, Ha, Ha.....:thedolls:

JabberJaws
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
:thedolls:IASW - THE DOLLS!!!!!! :thedolls:
Ellen's Energy Adventure - Not a bad ride, more nostalgic than anything else
Pooh - A decent ride in its own right, I just still hold a grudge about it taking over MTWR!!
GMR - Once more, not a bad ride, just a tad outdated. Ranks very high on the nostalgia-meter though!
The Land - Though not sure how I feel about the recordings vs. real hosts, but I will still do it. I am a sucker for boat-rides.:boat:

indytraveler
05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I'll probably get crucified for saying this...
COP when it's raining and I've done the TTA about 2-3 times. (It's usually raining when we are in Tomorrowland)

Mousemates
05-13-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll probably get crucified for saying this...
COP when it's raining and I've done the TTA about 2-3 times. (It's usually raining when we are in Tomorrowland)

But it has such a catchy song...

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I ride and enjoy all of them, even if they are old, stale, no longer really fun or entertaining.. or just plane old stupid, like SGE LoL..

poeticeclipse
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
It's not that I "dislike" these... but they are attractions that I don't go out of my way to see. If I have extra time i'll pop in.

Backlot Tour
Journey Into Your Imaginatino
Tiki Room
Gran Fiesta Tour (I actually enjoy this more than I let on)
Pooh

dreamfinder55
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I would have to say Jungle Cruise for me. If I ride it, great. If not, oh well catch it next time.

dntccc
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
For me, I think "ride just because it's there" and "ride only if have time" are the same:

MK:
It's a Small World
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
COP
Country Bears
Swiss Family Treehouse

Epcot:
Soarin'
Movies in World Showcase
Mexico boat ride

HS:
Star Tours

AK:
Kali River rapids
Any animal walking tour
Conservation station

My list is based off of rides/attractions I have actually ridden/experienced (I have never ridden Stitches Great Escape, Sounds Dangerous, etc.)