PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip Report - Me and Grandma

svarhall07
05-08-2009, 01:00 AM
As I've posted already, I will be in Boca on business, and made a quick flight change and will be heading up to WDW for a short 3 days. June 12-14. My grandmother has never been to EPCOT, and really wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Festival. So, this is the plan.

We will both end up getting to disney around 4pm. We are checking into the Port Orleans Riverside about 4, then checking out the resort for about an hour (walking around the resort, checking out French Quarter, going to the gift shop, looking at the pools, etc.). Then, we are going to freshen up, and bus to Animal Kingdom, and transfer to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have reservations at Boma for 8:20pm (my favorite restaurant!). Afterwards, we will bus to Downtown Disney, shop around, and take the boat back to POR. Then to bed.

Wednesday morning, up at 7:30am, breakfast at 8:00am, and then jump on the bus around 8:30 to EPCOT. Getting there right at opening. I want to head straight to The Land, get fast passes for Soarin', and then get on the ride about the land and agriculture (don't know the name). Then head over to the Seas, and ride the Nemo ride, and then Turtle Talk with Crush. Hopefully time to head back to Soarin' at this time. Then, head over to Spaceship Earth - I'll ride this by myself why she checks out the flowers. Then we can go to the flower convention center behind SE. After this, we are going to walk through Mexico on to Morocco, stopping here for lunch at the Tangerine Cafe. Then keep trekking through the world showcase. She really wants to spend time checking out the countries, so we'll do this until about 5:30pm. At this point, we are getting on a bus to travel to AKL again. We have 6:30pm ressies at Sanaa (CAN NOT WAIT). Then we will head back to EPCOT for a little bit more WS, and then Illuminations. We should be exhausted after that, so its off to sleep at POR.

Thursday morning we are going to get up and check out. Put the stuff in the car, and then bus to Magic Kingdom. Jump on the monorail to Grand Floridian, and have brunch at 10:30am at Grand Floridian Cafe. Afterwards, we are going to bus to Downtown Disney, try to get on the hot air balloon, do some shopping, and then grab a dessert at Ghiradelli. Then its boat ride back to POR, and then jump on the road to catch our return flights.

I know it sounds jammed packed, but we only have a short 1/2 day, then full day at EPCOT, and the one more 1/2 day. This will be my 17th visit to Disney, and her 4th or 5th, so we don't need a lot of time to do what we want.

I'll let you know how it goes!

WishingStar2006
05-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Sounds great to me...and boy, your Grandmother must have a lot of energy. You ladies have a wonderful time!:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Have a great time. enjoy the time with your grandmother.

faline
05-08-2009, 09:30 AM
A trip to Disney and a chance to make some wonderful memories with your grandmother? Truly priceless! Be sure to treasure each moment!

DizNee143
05-08-2009, 09:43 AM
sounds like its going to be an absolute great time with your grandma!! :mickey: