PDA

View Full Version : What about the YC?

MickeyFan77
05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I have been through about 15 pages of the forums and have seen little about the YC...other than the pool or in conjuction with the BC. We are staying here in June and are wondering about the magic here! Thoughts? :confused:

jakeybake
05-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I stayed at the YC twice in the last 6 months for work trainings so I can give you my thoughts.

We are BC people first and foremost. We love the lobby, the decor, the staff and the overall feel of the resort. It is our only resort of choice at this point.

For my family, it is a very different feel at the YC, compared to the BC. The YC feels serious, adult and a bit dark to us. Given that we are a family with young children, we just don't care for the atmosphere there.

That being said, there are certainly many, many positive things about the resort. The friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness, SAB, the dining options and of course the proximity to Epcot, DHS and the Boardwalk.

There is certainly nothing to not like about the resort as a whole, but for us the BC is more our style.

Jay

MidnTPK
05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
One of the reasons I've stayed over at the YC over the BC is the bus stop. The BC bus stop is much bigger because it is the stop for the regular hotel, and the DVC's BCVs. As a result, it's considerably less crowded at the YC's stop, which is nice.

I also like that there's less mayhem in the lobby at the YC. In the morning, the waiting crowd and noise from Cape May Cafe's character breakfast makes the BC lobby a very active place very early in the morning.

While the previous poster is right that is seems a little more adult....it only seems that way. The YC is just as full of active families enjoying WDW as any other resort is.

dream6
05-10-2009, 11:00 AM
My favorite resort on property! It is a little bit "older" in theme I suppose but I've been staying there since around age 10 - which would have made my younger brother 4. And all the CM's and other guests were great with us. It is still Disney after all. The rooms are very nice and I love the lobby. I would recommend it to anyone!