PDA

View Full Version : Multiple ADR's for BOMA?? AM I nuts?

Marceline
05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Howdy all,

Am I crazy? Has anybody else done this before? I am planning on making multiple dinner ADR's for BOMA....all for different nights of course, not trying to cheat the system, we just like to eat there.....a LOT!

If it were up to my hubby, who is a vegetarian we would eat there EVERY night for dinner. I got him to be sensible (sorta) and compromised on every-other night.....I am not kidding, I am planning on making 5 separate night ADR's for BOMA. And we aren't even staying at AKL! I am okay with it, I love BOMA too, but wanted some variety, so every other night it is. We tried it out last trip and he fell in deep love with the selection. He has a tough time finding things he likes since he is a veggie and an extremely picky one at that. His favorite food is Indian food and we plan to try out Sanaa this trip as well. The other staple that agrees with him is Tangerine Cafe.

I guess I am asking if anyone else has done such a thing before? Does anybody like a place well enough to go back multiple times a trip?

akaDisneyDreamer
05-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey we are going in 2 weeks and have 3 breakfasts booked at Boma and one dinner there as well! We are staying at AKL again ... we stayed there last year (fabulous lodge!)and ate 2 breakfasts there. Yes, it is so good we used our table service for breakfast, twice. We didn't have any dinners there last year, so are really looking forward to trying that this time. Also planning to eat more table service meals at Epcot this time. :cloud9:

WishingStar2006
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
We do that with LeCellier and Narcosees....when it's good it's good and we can't get anything like either at home....I love BOMA as well but my sons are not too crazy about it :confused: Enjoy youself!!!

Tinkerfreak
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
We ate there 5 times on our last trip. We were staying at the AKL and there were a few days we were in our room and did not feel like traveling to our regular planned adr's so we just called and got a ressie usually within an hour and cancelled our other ADR's.
There is so much there that we never got sick of it. We really got to try a little bit of everything and loved it.

Zawadi
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
We also love the dinners at Boma.
Speaking to the server last time we were there, we told her that we had been earlier in the week and she told us that they rotate the menu 3 times a week ie. the same dishes would be served Sunday & Wednesday, Monday & Thursday etc.

prttynpnk
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
My husband would Boma thrice daily if I let him! Eat where it makes you happy!

Marceline
05-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Okey dokey then! Thanks everyone for your replies. I feel much better now. We will certainly dine where we are the happiest, I just thought that 5 times in a trip maybe made us freaks....but now I see that Tinkerfreak and others are right there with us. :thumbsup:

Zawadi, thanks for the menu rotation tip. That also makes me feel much better about not getting tired of the same stuff and having some new choices each time perhaps.

I do think this will be a great gastronomic adventure!:mickey::D

dancin Disney style
05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
If that's what you like then go for it.

I'm an Ohana nut and would love to have multiple meals there but hubby won't go for it. He wants something different every day.

wonderalice23
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
:thumbsup:No, you aren't crazy! We love Boma - for our honeymoon we will be trying the breakfast and also having a dinner there.

Zawadi
05-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Just had another thought :

We absolutely loved the carrot & corriander soup and mentioned this to the server. The next time he called by he presented us with the recipe.
So if there is anything you like and want to try at home, then just ask......

PixieMagic
05-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Not crazy at all - especially with his diet restrictions! We eat at Teppan Edo at least twice every trip just because it's everyone's favorite food!!:mickey: