PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner for 13 People, where would you suggest?

Guya103
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
On our upcoming trip in August we will be celebrating a birthday. Our oldest son will be 23. There will be a dinner party for 13 people ranging in age from 2 to 76. Three of the guests are vegetarian. We want to enjoy a great meal in a fun setting that is appropriate for all ages. We also want a menu that will accomodate everyone. Where would you suggest and why?

preachermandan
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I would personally recommend Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. They usually have no problem accomodating large groups and great for all ages. On our last trip, we celebrated my father-in-laws retirement with a party at CM's and the grandkids loved seeing the interaction of Mickey, Minnie and the troop with mommy and daddy as well as grandma and papa. Happy early birthday to your son. I think he'll enjoy himself with the atmosphere. Hope to see you there. We'll be at WDW 8/14-23 :mickey:

maxrebo77
05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
i would recommend WCC. I think the menu would accomodate everyone and the fun is sure there. Also if anyone wishes to wander about, this is a great resort. Rocking chairs in front of the fireplace, sofas for relaxing, iron spike room, geyser, hidden mickeys, game room. I guess you can tell this is and will always be my favorite Disney Resort.

Dulcee
05-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I would suggest Ohana's. Its always a lot of fun and they have no problem accomadating large groups. The main courses are pork, beef and shrimp but you can also request a vegeteraian entree.

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I would suggest Ohana's. Its always a lot of fun and they have no problem accomadating large groups. The main courses are pork, beef and shrimp but you can also request a vegeteraian entree.

Ditto that....Ohana will have entertainment for the young kids and yet the atmospshere will appeal to the more mature people in the group. The food is fantastic and there is a little bit of everything. If you call 24hrs ahead they can prepare really tasty vegetarian entrees for those that require them.

The dessert alone is worth the trip.

wdwfansince75
05-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Having had groups of 12 or more on at least 6 of our trips, in our experience, most restuarants will split your group. They will usually be able to give you adjacent tables.
We have had a single table for 12 or more at:
Ohana
1900 Park Fair
Hollywood and Vine
Trails End
Chef Mickey's

Guya103
05-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks!:mickey:

spoiledraf
05-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Just a note and I don'tknow if it includes any other restaurants. When I tried to make ADRs at Narcooses, I had to call them direct. Groups of 8 or more could not go through the dining reservation number.

BelleKP
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I agree with PP . . . either O'Hanas or Whispering Canyon . . . both would be great fun!! :party:

WishingStar2006
05-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Just thought I'd mention that on a thread I read earlier today (can't remember where or what the subject was) someone mentioned that their DH was a vegetarian and his absolute FAVORITE in WDW was Boma and I'm sure they can accomodate 13 people...but it is a buffet rather than wait staff so that may make a difference.

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2009, 12:15 PM
'Ohana or 50s Prime Time :eat: