PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan & Tickets

Gator
05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a buddy who has some DVC points that I'm buying. I have 2 subjects I have some questions about.

We love the dining plan: so can I get it with DVC reservations - and do I call with my ressie number or does the DVC point owner call?

Can the DVC points owner get discount tickets for my family?

Thanks

laprana
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I know that you can get the DDP with a DVC stay on points. You have to add it to your reservation at least 48 hours before you check in (I think it's 48 hours, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm pretty sure that the DVC point owner has to add it to the reservation for you because they have to do everything concerning the ressie until you actually check in. Also, you have to pay for the DDP when you check in.

The only ticket discounts DVC offers are on annual passes, so you wouldn't be able to get any discounts on regular tickets through DVC. Hope this helps! :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Correct, the member needs to add the DDP. I think it's like $40 per person per day for adults, not sure about the child cost. It's payable at check-in and MUST be done prior to check-in. The 48 hours sounds right, but I would call as soon as you know.

Non DVC members are not eligibile for the ticket discounts. Even the AP discount is only good for immediate family living in the same household as the member(s).

SFD998
05-17-2009, 09:12 AM
As far as I can remember the time frame is 48 hrs prior to arrival. The nice thing is you don't have to pay it until arrival instead of the 45 days prior to arrival. Since you said you love the dining plan I assume you already have the dining plan costs, but just in case you don't.

The cost of the Quick Service dining plan is $31.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $9.99 per child (3 - 9).The Quick Service Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

* Two counter service meals
* Two snacks
* One refillable resort mug

The cost of the Disney dining plan is $39.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $10.99 per child (3 - 9).The Disney Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

* One table service meal
* One counter service meal
* One snack

The cost of the Disney Deluxe dining plan is $71.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $20.99 per child (3 - 9).The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

* Three meals, which can be used for either counter service or table service meals
* Two snacks
* One resort refillable mug