PDA

View Full Version : Walk to Epcot from BWV

Mushu11756
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
We were goin to stat at BCV in September and have since invited or parents. Sounds great I know BUT they have no 2 bed available at BCV.

So we were able to get 2 bed at BWV and I was wondering how the transportation was for this resort? Also how the walk would be to Epcot?:confused:

Seasonscraps
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
It's probably an extra 5-10 minute walk from the BWV to Epcot - they are on DHS end of the Boardwalk. I can't compare the bus system but I never had any real issues with the BW buses except that they sometimes share buses with the other EPCOT resorts (mostly during off peak hours).

DizneyRox
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Your options from BW to Epcot or MGM are either walk or boat. I don't believe there are busses to Epcot or MGM. MK or AK you can bus.

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
easy 5-10 minute walk!! Only way to go.:mickey:

Mushu11756
05-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you everyone for your help!:thumbsup:

thumperbug
05-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I've stayed at both. Its a 10 min walk from BWV to Epcot. The walk from BWV to DHS is about 15-20 minutes.

From BWV you can take either boat OR bus to DHS or Epcot but walking or taking the boat is probably quicker then the bus...but it is available.

Be forwarned that some evenings you might have a long wait for a boat from DHS back to your resort.

WHen taking the boat back from DHS you can also get off the boat at the Swan/Dolphin dock and walk over the bridge to BWV.

Regardless of how you get around....have fun!

Maleficent's Dad
05-17-2009, 08:59 AM
From BWV you can take either boat OR bus to DHS or Epcot but walking or taking the boat is probably quicker then the bus...but it is available.
As DizneyRox stated, I also don't believe there are buses available from BWV to/from EPCOT or DHS. So I did a little research...

As best I can ascertain, and I'm fairly certain of this, there are no buses from BWV to/from EPCOT or DHS.

To the OP - depending on your room location, it may be a shorter walk from the villas over to DHS than it is to EPCOT. Of course, with the heat, you may want to opt for the boat ride to DHS. Just keep in mind, that a significant portion of the walk to DHS is eliminated if your room is close to the villas far back door! :mickey:

SFD998
05-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Even with two kids the walk to Epcot is very reasonable from Boardwalk. I have even gone there and walked to Epcot to get to Canada for dinner. Great way to avoid walking through the park first.

DizneyRox
05-17-2009, 09:21 AM
As DizneyRox stated, I also don't believe there are buses available from BWV to/from EPCOT or DHS. So I did a little research...

As best I can ascertain, and I'm fairly certain of this, there are no buses from BWV to/from EPCOT or DHS.

Things always change, and unless they did, there are ZERO busses assigned to DHS and Epcot from Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club. Especially in their cost cutting mode I would not expect them to deal with the maintenance and salary to keep those running when it's almost a quicker walk to the park than it would be to the bus stop.

Boat and footpower your only choices...

Maleficent's Dad
05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Things always change, and unless they did, there are ZERO busses assigned to DHS and Epcot from Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club.
You are right! :thumbsup:
I was certain of what your first post stated, but after reading that there might be buses, I actually called the resort directly and asked. :blush: A bit "Type A", huh?

The BW is our "home," and we've stayed there a lot! So I thought you were right, I just needed to confirm it for myself. :mickey: