PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips for First Trip with DS

First TIme with DS
05-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi! I have to say I have been lurking for a few months and need some help.

Background - I have been to DW twice. 2004 and 2006 (1st anniversary). We stayed onsite in 2006 at AKL. We have an 18 month old son that I am DYING to take to DW. We want to take advantage of the "Under 3 Free". I originally was going to plan a September 2010 trip. Then I decided to bump it to May 2010. DS will be 2 1/2 in May. I thought since he is so young that maybe May would be better b/c of the temps/humidity being lower than Sept.

We plan on bringing him back every few years or so. Should we go in May or September? If we go in May it will be our 5th anniversary celebration as well.

I actually got a pin code last week for October and thought about taking him then but I thought it would be better to wait until next year. (BTW - thanks to you guys for hooking me up with Magical Journeys - they are the BEST!).

What do you guys think - May or September? (Did I mention that I want to go tomorrow???) :mickey:

Can anyone give me examples of their trips with a 2.5 year old??

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

MidnTPK
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
What do you guys think - May or September? (Did I mention that I want to go tomorrow???) :mickey:
I know how you feel. We moved a planned 12/09 trip up to 9/09 because it was just too long to wait.

My opinion: basing it on the weather isn't all that useful You could have a heat wave in May or a cool wave in September...no way of knowing that until the day before....so base the decision on when you want to go.

Can anyone give me examples of their trips with a 2.5 year old??

A similar discussion is taking place on this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=154518).

Seasonscraps
05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I always found the weather more pleasant in May rather then September - so May would be my choice.

faline
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
May is one of my favorite times to visit Disney World. Personally, though, I haven't found May humidity to be much less than September humidity. Both seem, to me, to be about equalivent in weather. I believe that May is a bit dryer and tends to have fewer rain showers. It certainly isn't in hurricane season.

Crowds tend to be fairly low in both months. Of the two, though, I'd probably select May though either month would be a good choice.