PDA

View Full Version : Question from non DVC member staying on a member's points

Disney_Barbie
05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hello all.
We are not members but are renting points from a member, I'm mostly prepared and know the standard "if's, and's and but's" to this whole process, but have a couple of questions that I can't recall ever being covered before ...
1) When can I book ADR, I'm assuming I get to book at the 100 day mark (for the present 90 day + 10 for being a resort guest) but I wasn't 100% positive I count as a resort guest, since I'm not a DVC member. I just wanted to double check
2) Can I (even though I'm not the DVC member) do the new online resort check-in?

Seasonscraps
05-07-2009, 01:35 PM
The 90+10 for resort guests allows guest to call 90 days in advance of their arrival date and make ADRs for the first 10 days of their trip - not 100 days in advance. This way guests can make all their reservations at one time instead of calling back every day (unless their vacation is longer then 10 days, then they would have to call back. :) )

You are a resort guest so you should be able to make the ADRs in this manner as long as you have the confirmation number.

I am not familiar with the online check in. I suppose they go by reservation number at that point which you should receive from the DVC member.

Iluvpooh
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes-you can make your dining reservations just like a "regular" guest. We have never had any problems. I can't help you with the online check in. They started that after we got back.

Disney_Barbie
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
The 90+10 for resort guests allows guest to call 90 days in advance of their arrival date and make ADRs for the first 10 days of their trip - not 100 days in advance.

Wow, I TOTALLY misinterperated (sp?) that! When people were saying the whole 90+10, I totally thought that's what they meant, for being a resport guest you got to call 10 days earlier, thus @ the 100 day mark. Oh, I was all set to call in a few days, now I have to wait almost 2 weeks :(
But thanks for setting me straight! :mickey: