PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Advice

onjbj
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Ok, as of now, we are going to WDW from 8/15 through 8/19. DH and I have 3 days left on non expiring park hoppers. DH, myself, and 2 kids each have 1 day non park hoppers that were a gift. We will visit parks for 4 days this trip, so we need add't tix for the kids.

Is it more cost effective to buy more days than I need w/the non expiring option to use next trip? Does buying tickets negate the free dining advantage? I am sooooo confused!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

BMan62
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
First off, if you are doing the 'Free DDP' offer, you MUST buy at least a one day MYW base ticket for every member of your group.

Now, depending on the number of days you wanted to buy on your non-expiring ticket(s) and when you will be returning to WDW, you may want to look into APs. If an AP is not cost effective - you are not going to be at WDW for more than 12 days within a calendar year from date of purchase - then 10 day non-expiring passes may be the most cost effective answer.

onjbj
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, I knew about having to buy at least one day, but that seems like such a waste. I need to figure out if laying out the money for 10 day non exp PH's and then paying for the meal plan next year is worth it. My head is spinning. I'll look into the annual passes too. Thanks for the suggestion.

princessesmom
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
When deciding what to do, keep in mind that if you want to do the ddp in the future, you will have to buy tickets. You cannot get the dining plan without a package that includes tickets.

Since you already have some of your tickets covered, you might want to see if there is a room only discount that you can use rather than the free dining. Then you could upgrade your children's one day tickets to cover the stay. I would price it out and see what is most cost effective.

CleveRocks
05-07-2009, 05:07 PM
It is never a good idea to pay for the No Expiration feature unless you know EXACTLY how many days you'll need for future visits. If your left-over park days don't COMPLETELY cover your park needs for at least one future trip, then you wasted money on the deal.