PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom?

Arnold Simba
05-06-2009, 05:40 PM
What is the best Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom? I've been to the Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's (name?) Restarant at the Main Street Town Square, and the Crystal Palace (again, unsure of name). What are everyone's opinions?

ledudes
05-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I like the castle.... Mostly because it is the castle, but I do enjoy the breakfast, dinner is ok, and I haven't tried the lunch. The Magic Kingdom doesn't really have any of my favorites as far as the food, it is more about the atmosphere or character meals. I am kind of suprised they don't have a few more sit down choices.

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I prefer to do counter service in MK and leave for a monorail resort if I have plans for dinner. There just aren't any great options in the park for me.

1DisneyNut
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I agree with the others. Nothing really stands out at MK. I guess I would have to say Pecos Bill's is our favorite just because it is roomy and quick. To be honest, we usually just grab something quick at Cosmic Rays and get back to the fun.

disneyluva
05-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Food wise I'd say LTT or Crystal Palace. However, it's worth the 5-10 min monorail ride to just go to one of the resorts. Nothing beats Narcoossee's.:marg:

TracyL
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
"Best" is a loaded term. Depends on what you want.

My favorite quick service is Pecos Bill's - good food, quick, lots of seating. For something a little bit out of the ordinary, I also like Columbia Harbor House- they have a couple of interesting sandwich choices and the place is rarely crowded except at the busiest times of year because it's sort of "hidden" off the beaten path.

My favorite table service is The Plaza. Good food, good service, pretty dining area, and excellent value - quite a bit less expensive than the other table service choices.

For character dining, I think you can't beat the Crystal Palace. Nice buffet, fun atmosphere and Pooh and Pals. But if princesses are more your speed, Cinderella's Royal Table (in the castle) is nice. If you're already going all out and princessing up your little girl at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, you HAVE to take her to lunch/dinner at CRT afterwards! :)

Buddy08
05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I also like the Crystal Plaza but was pleasantly surprised by the Plaza. It is a cute little restaurant tucked around the corner from Main St. It is a sit down restaurant and the food was quite good.:eat:

Septbride2002
05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
I prefer to do counter service in MK and leave for a monorail resort if I have plans for dinner. There just aren't any great options in the park for me.

I have to agree - none of the MK TS resturants really interest me. Although the LIberty Tree Tavern lunch menu has promise. We usually do CS though - and the best for us will always be Caseys.

~Amanda

Seasonscraps
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Liberty Tree lunch is pretty good but to be honest Casey's Hot Dogs are my favorite in the MK. :D

Mousemates
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
For a sit down meal ...I'd say Crystal Palace...thou Tony's (like most restaurants) can be okay if you order what they are best at. Like others though, we tend to do counter service at MK and either park hop to epcot or ride the monorail/boat and eat at CR, Poly, GR or WL.

KatrinaJ91
05-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I know it's not a TS, but we always hit Cosmic Rays....the combo rib/chicken meal is a great deal! It's also a nice but quick break from the action! If you like tacos, the little place outside of POTC are pretty good as well!!

PETE FROM NYC
05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I have enjoyed Liberty tree,Crystal palace for ts.For cs I could recommend Cosmic Rays,Pecos Bills,Columbia.
Tonys,IMHO, is an insult to my Italian heritage.
CRT is way too overpriced with very limited selections.

Kairi_7378
05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Columbia Harbor House

Mickey91
05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
CS - Cosmic Rays (Sonny Eclipse!)

TS - The Plaza (best cheese steak)

Miss Mouse
05-08-2009, 04:04 AM
For table service I'd have to say The Plaza.

It's such a cute little place, the food is delicious and the prices are actually quite reasonable. It's a nice, relaxing place to grab lunch and, since it's right at the end of Main St, the view is gorgeous.

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Since they have taken the characters out of Liberty Tree Tavern, my favorite TS is The Plaza. I also enjoy Cinderella's Royal Table. My favorite breakfast spot would be the Crystal Palace, and my favorite CS by far is Cosmic Ray's! I just love Sonny Eclipse! :mickey:

DANAM
05-09-2009, 12:14 PM
We actually like Pecos Bill's as well but have eaten at Crystal Palace and it good. I prefer the monorail hotel restaurant to those in MK itself. 'Ohana's and 1900 Park Fare are our favorites.

dream6
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't really have a Table Service restaurant that sticks out in my head for Magic Kingdom. It's fun to the castle once - but more for the atmosphere than the food. But the MK has some really good counter service! I can't go to Disney World without visiting Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe!

prttynpnk
05-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Liberty Tree is good, but the monorail takes you to such better food!

Yvette
05-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I completely forgot about the Plaza! Do you need ADR's for them?

GINNY69
05-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I like Columbia harbour House for a quick meal. Crystal Palace is good also Tony's Town Square Restaurant is not bad either..

tjstrike
05-12-2009, 12:46 AM
We like the buffet at Crystal palace, the food is good at the plaza also. I wouldn't do LTT again (and that was with characters).

johnO
05-12-2009, 07:55 PM
:thumbsup:well,CP has one of the best breakfast in the MK

johnO
05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
:thumbsup:well,CP has one of the best breakfast buffets in the MK

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
1) There is not a "best" restaurant at MK.
2) They are all pretty much average/mediocre.
3) They are not designed to be good dining.
4) In fact, some of the fast-food is as-good or better than the sit-downs.
5) So, just pick an eatery and fill-up.

KatMark
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
All a matter of personal taste/preference/expectations as with any restaurant, really. If it is not a signature restaurant, some people will tell you none of the restaurants are good. Personally, we don't eat at the signature restaurants at Disney (we have plenty of high quality restaurants at home that I would rather go to with food that appeals to me).

Our favorite at the MK is Crystal Palace for breakfast and The Plaza for lunch or dinner.

PrettyMinnie
05-13-2009, 04:58 PM
We like Tony's on Main Street. It's not usually overly crowded and has good food. But if you are looking for character dining and atmosphere, you really can't beat CRT. It might not have the BEST food in the park, but you get to eat in the castle. :minnie: Good luck!