PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question

marlaine
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
We have the DDP for our upcoming trip this Sept. We had it last year and it worked out great! This is my question-we're trying a couple of different restaurants this year. Since the DDP doesn't include an appetizer, can we order one and just pay out of pocket for it and then use the plan for our entrees and desserts?:confused:

Seasonscraps
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Absolutely!! Enjoy! :D

cer
05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Yup! and don't forget you will have to pay oop for your gratuity as well...

jimsgal05
05-08-2009, 02:36 PM
okay kind on the same line as that question too...we are going to have an extra TS meal credit so DH and I are going alone to a Coral Reef with out DD..so can I use the extra TS that DH didn't use(not going to Cinerella's breakfast doing the steam train instead it's a guy thing a guess LOL)...and pay out of pocket for my meal...plus we want an appitizer....

thanks...:mickey:

Jasper
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Just remember that Disney is not a non-profit organization, they are they to make as much money as they possibly can. In other words, anything you want to pay for outside of your dining plan is always welcome! Can you imagine them actually turning down a purchase?

As for the later question about swapping meals around because of who attends which meals is something I am not capable of answering but I am sure others will be along shortly who can answer that question.

TheRustyScupper
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
. . . Can you imagine them actually turning down a purchase? . . .

:funny: :crazy: :rub:

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
okay kind on the same line as that question too...we are going to have an extra TS meal credit so DH and I are going alone to a Coral Reef with out DD..so can I use the extra TS that DH didn't use(not going to Cinerella's breakfast doing the steam train instead it's a guy thing a guess LOL)...and pay out of pocket for my meal...plus we want an appitizer....

thanks...:mickey:

I'm sure that I totally follow what you are asking about the credits but .....you can use your credits in any way that you want. They are not tied to a person, you get a certain number for your group based on the number of nights you are staying. On the regular DDP you get 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack credit per night per person.

Hope that helps.

jimsgal05
05-09-2009, 12:53 PM
umm..okay since we are going to have enough TS credits I can just pay for my meal, right we use one TS credit and everything else is out of pocket....if I understand DDP correctly...

I never done this since I have been a cast member in the past always recieved a discount on everything..pay for food full retail:(

sorry for my crazy questions...new to DDP...

CrabbyPatty
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
so I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or not. We have the DDP package through the special free-dining offer, but when I check my reservation online, it doesn't SAY anything about the dining plan.

An itinerary I got via email has information about the DDP, however. Should I call just to make sure?

THANKS SO MUCH!