PDA

View Full Version : I Love Rose and Crown

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
We tried Rose and Crown this last trip and it was terriffic! We had ressies for dinner and requested outside seating to vew Illuminations. We ended up sitting on the outdor patio that was covered with a tent. It was perfect as it was windy and a little chilly. When the fireworks started we had the option of going down one level outside to view. We stayed where we were and they rolled up the tent sides for an unobstructed view.

The food was great- we loved the potato and leek soup (funny thing to love but it's excllent)- very creamy and flavorful and smooth. In fact we dipped into my husbands so much our server brought us another cup to share.
I had the marinated chicken breast on roasted garlic bread pudding- again excellent. My husbnad had the fish and chips which he enjoyed. One child had Shepherd's pie and the other pizza. We all loved it and I think we found a new WDW family tradition. Just wanted to share!

PixieMagic
05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Glad you had a fun time! We also love R&C and try to do an illuminations dinner there every year!:cloud9:

Leighler
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Always good to hear a good review of a place you're thinking of eating. I have been so back and forth with my ADR choices for September. Just yesterday I thought about switching my dinner at Chefs to R&C but I still can't decide. I've been to R&C for lunch before but never to Chefs. I just need to convince my DH to let us split some meals and maybe even order an extra appetizer so we can try more places while we are there! Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

pox24
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Was there week end before last. Nothing like a stroll around the world and then enjoying an adult grog at the local pub. One of my favorite stops at WDW. The fish and chips aren't bad either.:beer::thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-06-2009, 05:48 PM
It's actually my sentimental favorite! Glad you discovered it. :wave:

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I did love Rose and Crown. I still love it, but won't be back for a bit. We got some nasty food poisoning a few weeks ago and since it affected both of us, and we both had the exact same meals at R & C (shared meat and cheese plate and bangers and mash), we think that was the culprit. It happens. I don't blame R & C. It's just not in my taste, for now. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat the bangers and mash again. It was so good when I had it two years ago, but not so great a few weeks ago. Sad, but true.