AKL Standard $144
FW cabin in August $169
BCV studio In July $219
Polynesian Garden July8th $299

Booking code QZZ.

Nanc

pooh0601
05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Tink, are you sure about that $199 Poly in July? They are telling me $259/nt after 7/19(value season). $199 seems a little too cheap.

Tink1
05-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tink, are you sure about that $199 Poly in July? They are telling me $259/nt after 7/19(value season). $199 seems a little too cheap.

Typo!

$299 for the beginning of July

N

pooh0601
05-06-2009, 08:05 AM
And it actually goes down to $259/night if you travel between 7/19 and 8/8(Value Season begins 7/19).

Thanks for clarifying.

ytzking
05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I just got through with a frantic morning of e-mailing, calling and cell phoning with Kathy at MJ. She did a fantastic job of juggling my two ressies in July to take advantage of the AP rates. Thanks Kathy!!:thumbsup::cool:

BabyBun
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Just saved $606.51 on our summer trip by using this code for POR. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM
:mickey: Wow, this definitely gives me hope for the fall... they haven't had AP rates for this time period in quite awhile!! :thumbsup: Sure hope this is a sign of good things to follow for the October/November time period!! :D

KylesMom
05-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Food for thought . . . Terrisue checked it out for us, and two 4/3 packages with two sets of base tickets is actually cheaper for us than the released A/Ps for our June trip at W/L. Granted, there are only Courtyard views available under the A/P rate & we're booked Standard under the 4/3, but even with 1-day base tix for each of us x 2 it's roughly $31 nightly cheaper on the 4/3. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison due to the Standard vs. Courtyard view, but $31 over the span of 14 nights adds up. And we'll have base tix to apply to our next A/Ps.

ibrowse17
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Cool, thanks:thumbsup:

HulaMinnie
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I called CRO this morning and asked about Florida Resident rates...nothing yet. Hoping maybe tomorrow?

Soph and Han's Mom
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Yessssssss

Just added 2 days on to my stay and still saved $200!!

Thanks for the info!!

hokies4life
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
So just wanted to make sure I have this straight. It says the dates its valid for are 6/7-8/8. So when Nanci says "Value resort in July $74" or will that also be the rate in June? Or do the special rates for those hotels not start until July?

:confused:

Tink1
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Those just happened to be the rates for my bookings as I was doing them. When I am posting the specials here, I am also on the phone working to lower rates. That is why you will usually see typo's.

June is $74 during the week as well.

Nanc

hokies4life
05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Thats fine! Just wanting to know if we might want to think about moving our dates...thanks for answering so quickly!

ILive4Disney
05-06-2009, 07:47 PM
OK...I am soooo confused. This morning I went on the WDW site and reserved a room at POP with the new discount for summer AP. Now...I go to make another reservation and the discount is gone????? I never received a confirmation email for the first one but when I checked the "My Disney Vacation" section, it is listed as one of my itineraries?????? Help...I want more Disney for the summer at the AP rate!! :confused:

SallyP
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
OK...I am soooo confused. This morning I went on the WDW site and reserved a room at POP with the new discount for summer AP. Now...I go to make another reservation and the discount is gone????? I never received a confirmation email for the first one but when I checked the "My Disney Vacation" section, it is listed as one of my itineraries?????? Help...I want more Disney for the summer at the AP rate!! :confused:

That happened to me this morning also. I booked a weekend date in July on the Passholder rate of $169 for WL woods view; a pretty good rate for the weekend, I think. I did print it out with the confirmation number. I went back and can't duplicate it. It was just a 'magic' moment in the reservation system I guess. Try tomorrow and maybe the glitches will be worked out.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-06-2009, 09:46 PM
What a day...first I got to bring my daughter home from college and when I checked email there was the message from Terrisue letting me know about the AP rates and that she had already taken care of getting our POR ressies switched to the new rate!!

Yep, what a day! :D

KylesMom
05-06-2009, 10:12 PM
That happened to me this morning also. I booked a weekend date in July on the Passholder rate of $169 for WL woods view; a pretty good rate for the weekend, I think. I did print it out with the confirmation number. I went back and can't duplicate it. It was just a 'magic' moment in the reservation system I guess. Try tomorrow and maybe the glitches will be worked out.
OR - there were so many folks waiting on A/P rates that they sold out quickly - one reason why we began using MJ in the first place several years ago. Hopefully you'll get what you want. Last year, MJ (Terrisue) got A/P courtyard view rates for $201 / night with tax for us beginning July 20th. It looks like A/P rates are similar from last year in the July timeframe for WL during Value Season.

ILive4Disney
05-07-2009, 07:02 AM
I would understand if they were all taken however, the option isn't even there to look for an AP rate after June 6...the new dates and ad just disappeared:confused: I always use MJ too but I need some reservations that are 1 and 2 nights so I can't when I do that.

SallyP
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I would understand if they were all taken however, the option isn't even there to look for an AP rate after June 6...the new dates and ad just disappeared:confused: I always use MJ too but I need some reservations that are 1 and 2 nights so I can't when I do that.

Ditto ... just a Friday and Saturday night.

I just don't think those dates are posted yet for AP or FL residents.

ILive4Disney
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
No..they were...that is what is so weird...I reserved yesterday for July right online with the AP discount...now it's just gone! There is no AP rate even advertised for after June 6...

Soph and Han's Mom
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I think they're only available in strange blocks...I saved $200 on my stay even tho I added 2 nights, but I had to split my reservation between Contemp and AKL because the rates weren't available at the Contemp over the weekend that I wanted to stay. I have no idea why, but after messing around for about 45 minutes the CM was able to get me some great rates. They even changed during the time she was looking. Got even cheaper!

ILive4Disney
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
YEAH!!:mickey::mickey:The AP rates are back on the website and I got a cabin for $169 on the weekend!!

POOH_BEAR
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Okay, I'm confused. What does "MJ (Terrisue)" mean? I'm an AP and am going in December (already booked through Disney & staying at WL). I know they haven't published any discounts for then yet--at least not to my knowledge but want to make sure I'm looking everywhere I need to so if they do announce discounts I can check on getting it applied to my ressie. Thanks for helping me understand--I'm new to these discussion boards. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Okay, I'm confused. What does "MJ (Terrisue)" mean? MJ is Intercot's official Travel Agency - Magical Journeys - and Terrisue is my family's dedicated travel agent. For a few years we booked directly through Disney, but found we were getting shut out of A/P rates if we didn't call quickly enough. Utilizing Magical Journeys, we're sure to get the best deal out there without having to call every day to see if A/P rates have been released.

By the way, welcome to Intercot! :thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
We were able to get 190 off of the first part of our trip 8/6-8/9 at POFQ. We're hoping for more come after the 8th.

POOH_BEAR
05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
THANK YOU, KylesMom!!!:mickey: Okay, now I have another question...if I have already booked my trip through WDW Travel, can I still contact MJ for assistance with AP discount rates that may come available for the time of my trip?

Dsnygirl
05-11-2009, 07:43 AM
THANK YOU, KylesMom!!!:mickey: Okay, now I have another question...if I have already booked my trip through WDW Travel, can I still contact MJ for assistance with AP discount rates that may come available for the time of my trip?
I'm not sure about this, so I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let you know... but I think MJ can take over the reservation for you if you'd like them to, and then yes, they'd be able to help you with any specials that come out. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

Tink1
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes, we can assume any reservation that is booked directly with Disney.

We cannot touch a reservation that you have made with any other travel agent though. (Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia etc are travel agents)

Nanc

lulu'smom
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
For my trip July 1-5 I switched resorts and saved $257.:D We were doing 1 night Pop 3 nights Dolphin, and now we are doing all 4 nights at POFQ. Yay!!!!

The rate was $114 for Wednesday and Thursday, $124 Friday and Saturday. I haven't seen rates that cheap in along time.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Food for thought . . . Terrisue checked it out for us, and two 4/3 packages with two sets of base tickets is actually cheaper for us than the released A/Ps for our June trip at W/L. Granted, there are only Courtyard views available under the A/P rate & we're booked Standard under the 4/3, but even with 1-day base tix for each of us x 2 it's roughly $31 nightly cheaper on the 4/3. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison due to the Standard vs. Courtyard view, but $31 over the span of 14 nights adds up. And we'll have base tix to apply to our next A/Ps.

I'm considering an annual pass so I've been reading all the threads pertaining to it. I'm need clarification on something - if you purchase a 1-day base ticket and don't use it you can apply it to the following years AP. Am I understanding your statement correctly? Thanks for clarifying!

KylesMom
06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm considering an annual pass so I've been reading all the threads pertaining to it. I'm need clarification on something - if you purchase a 1-day base ticket and don't use it you can apply it to the following years AP. Am I understanding your statement correctly? Thanks for clarifying!
Yep. You can apply the one-day purchased base ticket towards the cost of your next A/P. A few caveats with this: First, the A/P has to be purchased in the same name as the original base ticket. Second, you can only apply one base ticket towards the cost of an A/P.

The reason I mention this is that we have two packages, and thus need to purchase one base ticket per person per package - which is, in essence, two tickets per person for this trip. MJ verified that I can only utilize one of these base tickets towards my next A/P. So in other words, I'll have one-day base tickets sitting in the safe deposit box for a few years. However, it (the 4/3) was still cheaper with the tix than the A/P room only rates were this year. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Yep. You can apply the one-day purchased base ticket towards the cost of your next A/P. A few caveats with this: First, the A/P has to be purchased in the same name as the original base ticket. Second, you can only apply one base ticket towards the cost of an A/P.

The reason I mention this is that we have two packages, and thus need to purchase one base ticket per person per package - which is, in essence, two tickets per person for this trip. MJ verified that I can only utilize one of these base tickets towards my next A/P. So in other words, I'll have one-day base tickets sitting in the safe deposit box for a few years. However, it (the 4/3) was still cheaper with the tix than the A/P room only rates were this year. :mickey:

Thanks Kyle's Mom!

This is great information to know. I have one last question that I think I know the answer to but I'm just not sure.

Say I don't end up renewing the AP the following year for whatever reason since I haven't used the tickets I purchased I can use them in the future, correct?

Again, thank you so much for the information!

Not2Loud
06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
We are doing the FW cabins the last week of August and got the $169 AP rate. Just love that rate. We have 4 adults and 1 child.

I think this is one of the best deals around on lodging at WDW!

Well worth the AP cost right there.