PDA

View Full Version : I need your valued opinion

Itchy
05-06-2009, 07:37 AM
We have a trip schedule for Mid August and on the dining plan, but that is not the issue.

We will be having dinner on our own one night and are having trouble deciding on the two resturants.

Whispering Canyon Cafe
or
House of Blues

This is a dinner for two adults and would like a more adult oriented dinner and entertainment.

Your thoughts please as ADR's need to be made soon.

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
House of Blues might be fun. Whispering Canyon would probably be the last place I would go without kids. It's very family-oriented. I would actually choose a signature dining option like California Grill, but at least at House of Blues, you'll have a more adult atmosphere and some night life.

Itchy
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Thank for the opinion. We are already doing the Cali Grill that is why we have one night on us. Either one would be new to us.

I hate to say this but the grand kids will be with their parents at another restaurant.:blush:

We need out time as well.:mickey:

WishingStar2006
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Whispring Canyon is not a good "date night/adult night option. It is very family oriented and can get quite NOISY! If you're at DTD, I would suggest Wolf Gang Puck Cafe...great food. I have never been to House of Blues but it gets good reviews. Enjoy your date night with your DH.

mouseketeer mom
05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I would say House of Blues for sure. We went to their brunch and had a fantastic time. Its a very unique, non Disney feeling experience. WCC will be filled with kids, its wonderful there, but not for a date night.

cer
05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
If I were on a date night with my husband, I would not go to Whispering Canyon. Not really a date night kind of place...

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd also go with HOB. WCC is good and it's fun, but probably not the entertainment you have in mind. And yes it's filled with kids. It's a fun place though and casual.

Itchy
05-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you all for your response but I think I need to clarify something.:blush:

I am making these plans for my ex-wife and I.

Even though we are apart we still get along for the kids and grand kids, and yes I am footing the bill. :D

I guess there are some things that Disney will always keep that happy place for everyone.:mickey:

Everyone one on Intercot are the greatest.:grouphug:

I guess if you havent figured it out I am the planner.:mickey:

SBETigg
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
So maybe you don't need a romantic location, something more fun. But no matter the situation with adults, the response is still the same, I think. A no to WCC and a vote for something else. House of Blues would probably be fun. I also liked Raglan Road. If you decide on something at the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney, you have a lot of entertaining options that are more adult-oriented.

Figment78
05-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Hmmmmm - this is an interesting challenge. Although WCC is still fun without kids, there are definitely kids there and if you want a night sorta away from that, then I wouldn't go there. But if you don't mind a little noise and want to go b/c of the food or to visit the Wilderness Lodge, then by all means go! DH and i have eaten here several times without kids and even once with 6 very grownup adults.

I've never eaten dinner at House of Blues, but I've been in it. It's pretty cool. Something different.

A non-romantic but maybe less kid-oriented.... that's a tough one. Maybe Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Or Boma if you are adventurous eaters but the rest are not? Rose & Crown or another WS location other than the romantic San Angel Inn? The Epcot restaurants somehow seem more adult even though they are very family welcoming.

pox24
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
House of Blues:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-06-2009, 04:09 PM
HoB!!:mickey:

KAT1811
05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Thank you all for your response but I think I need to clarify something.:blush:

I am making these plans for my ex-wife and I.

Even though we are apart we still get along for the kids and grand kids, and yes I am footing the bill. :D

I guess there are some things that Disney will always keep that happy place for everyone.:mickey:

Everyone one on Intercot are the greatest.:grouphug:

I guess if you havent figured it out I am the planner.:mickey:

Well that changes things ever so slightly. LOL! How wonderful you can get along for the children, very admirable.

I would have a different opinion based on where you would be coming from. If you are closer to WCC then I would go there. If you are closer to HOB I would go there. We really enjoy WCC and since this is not a date I wouldn't worry about the atmosphere so much. If you are dining later on at WCC you could always go out to the beach to see the Electircal Water Pageatn. If you are shoppers and would like to walk DTD than I would go there. Probably not much help but that is what I would do!

Seasonscraps
05-06-2009, 05:34 PM
House of Blues - good food and exceptional service! :thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
05-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Go the HOB. The atmosphere is really fun and the food is very good. I've been there 3 times.
I just don't care for Whispering Canyon's food.
The atmosphere can also seem a tad hokey if you don't have kids with you.

Aero
05-07-2009, 07:14 AM
House of Blues is great. Just one note: It's not on the dining plan.

- Aero

jensantuit
05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
another vote for House of Blues :mickey:

Dulcee
05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I'd say House of Blues too. The food is great and I would classify it as a great date spot but for two friends looking to enjoy the night a more adult night it fits the bill. Great food and great music...

chefmickey3
05-07-2009, 12:42 PM
As pp said, house of blues is a better option. WCC is a great restaurant but not for a quiet adult dinner!

TheRustyScupper
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
1) How nice of you to ask.
2) I have VERY valued opinions.
3) At least I think I do.

4) Let's see - for adult eateries at WDW
. . . California Grille (maybe) *
. . . Bistro de Paris (absolutely! positively!) **
. . . Shula's (absolutely!) **
. . . Citricos (yes)
. . . Artist Point (maybe) *
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (yes) **
. . . House of Blues (OK)

* These get only a "maybe" because with DDP, people come that normally do not know how to act at finer restaurants. They and the kids act up or talk loudly or run around (kids). I steer away for those reasons.

** Not on DDP.

SBETigg
05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Rusty, you should ask to be seated in the wine room at the California Grill. It's lovely, set on the Bay Lake side, and they don't seat children in the wine room. It's a nice tip for any couple looking for a quieter atmosphere as long as they don't mind moving to the outdoor deck at fireworks time. You do have a view of IllumiNations in the distance.

kemps@wdw
05-10-2009, 12:37 AM
The food @ both is wonderful, but if you're looking for a more adult-oriented place, I'd recommend the HOB. The WCC is loud, fun, and full of kids. The HOB is a little more laid back, good comfort food, and a nice outdoor area, out front, where you can kick back w/an adult beverage and do a little people watching! We try to get there at least once every trip.

dmosher
05-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Although I do like both, I have to say House of Blues. The music is good, the food is great and while I do like Whispering Canyons, House of Blues is a little less "FUN" and a little more relaxed and adult.
:pipeS:
D