PDA

View Full Version : 6:45 or 8:15 Candelight Processional?

Septbride2002
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM
The next trip we will have a 4 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old.

At first I thought we should do the earlier show because the kids wouldn't be as tired - now I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to g when they are tired because they'll be a bit more apt to fall asleep during the show.

Any thoughts?

Marilyn Michetti
05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
There's a 5:15 show also, which isn't as crowded. As for falling asleep, your children would have more luck in a mine field. The music is loud - more like intensive! Lots of cymbals and trumpets.:santa:

Septbride2002
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
There's a 5:15 show also, which isn't as crowded. As for falling asleep, your children would have more luck in a mine field. The music is loud - more like intensive! Lots of cymbals and trumpets.:santa:

My daughter's a daycare kid - she can sleep through a hurricane. ;)

~Amanda

diz_girl
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd say go to the 6:45 p.m. show. Have an early dinner (around 5), then let them walk around a little to release that energy that they built up from sitting down for dinner, then do the CP, and then it's back to your hotel. If they fall asleep during the CP, then just let them walk back to the bus/monorail afterwards and they should be ready to go to sleep once you get to the hotel.

They really need to be in their beds to have a good night's sleep, so going to the 8:15 p.m. show won't get you back to your hotel until after 10 and then the kids probably won't get to sleep until 11 and that's just too much sleep to deprive them and it sets them up to be cranky the following day. A 6:45 p.m. show should get them in their beds around 9 or so, which is still too late for that age, but it's probably the most practical solution for toddlers attending the CP. A 5:15 p.m. show would probably cut into their dinner time, so it might be tough to keep them settled when they're hungry. You may then be tempted to give them snacks, which would probably kill their appetite for dinner after the CP.

I'm just going by my son's schedule, which is standard for toddlers, but your kids may be different.

MNNHFLTX
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
The 6:45 p.m. would be my choice. Aside from the previously mentioned bedtime issue, I think it's just such a peaceful time of day to see the performance. The sun will have just set and dusk will be settling in, so you will get the full effect of the candles the choir members are carrying.

ransam
05-16-2009, 03:33 AM
we went to the earliest show and the way the stage is set up, you couldn't tell if it was dark or light from where we were sitting...
and this show is amazing....we loved it

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2009, 06:31 AM
1) We do the 6:45 shows.
2) It is usually dark in Florida by then.
3) After all, it is meant as a "candlelight" performance.