PDA

View Full Version : Desserts/Desserts/Portion sizes

Live4WDW
05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey all. Planning this trip, the food and everything is just awesome! My wife and I are curious to have a general idea of the size of desserts, and portions. There is of course the standard size of a slice of cake, that you get at most restaurants, and then there are ones that make you tremble in FEAR, and DROOL in anticipation as the server heads towards you, staggering under the weight of your choice of chocolate delight!:thedolls:. Are Different desserts there larger than you might find at other places? Some of course you cannot find anywhere but disney. Which is cool. Are the meal sizes, sides in general more than enough, we are just trying to pick and choose what restaraunts to lean toward. Thanks.:mickey:

SBETigg
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I think the portions everywhere are generally more than enough but not enormous, which is good. I would say they're just right, for the most part. I usually can't finish my whole dessert, so maybe they could even be smaller.

Nini5055
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I think they are average sizes. Some are more creative than others...but average portions.

AdventurerKim
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I can usually eat an entire dessert at WDW whereas in restaurants at home I usually can't and take 1/2 home.

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I would say that the desserts are a good size. Not to big and not to small.

The meals used to be really large but they have downsized a bit in the last 2 years.