PDA

View Full Version : Crowds and Weather

goofymania
05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey intercotee's,

I have a trip coming up on May 8th-16th anyone give me a little insight on how the weather normally is during this time. Also if anyone that has been there recently to the WORLD let me know how crowds actaully are. I am a little worried about crowd levels with that fantastic promotion that they had going on for this time frame. Any advice is appreciated thanks!:mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I am going to be there between the 9th and 22nd. It is normally a great time to go. I've gone during this time the past four years. Not way to hot and if you plan your day correctly the crowds are very manageable. The long term is suppose to be upper 80's to lower 90's, Isolated T-storms for the two weeks. That is very typical for that time of year.

The promotion is definitely adding foot traffic to the parks. When I spoke to my hotel on property today she said they were up about 10 percent from occupancy from last year at this time. Dining ADR's are pretty full. Now the good news regardless of the promotion it is still a soft spot for the younger crowds because school is so close to letting out many families don't yank them during the last few weeks. Day groups and camp groups don't normally start until closer to Memorial Day.

It will be busier than a normal May but no where near what it was during Spring Break or during Peak summer and Christmas periods.

stephntampa
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
The days are pretty warm, highs at or near 90 degrees.. after sunset, pleasant and mild, lows in the high 60's. Bring sunscreen and a hat!:fan:: Oh, and last week crowds were quite manageable, just have a good touring plan and pace yourself!! :mickey:

goofymania
05-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks all.. 2 more days i can not wait!

BMan62
05-06-2009, 01:02 PM
You can always check out Strmchsr's thread on the Vacation Planning forum:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=154159

Always pretty good info!!

Tinkerbelly84
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
We were there from april 29th till yesterday. The weather was in the low 90's the whole time. I know there a was a lot of talk about level 9 crowd levels and I was a little worried. But we never waited in the stand by line longer then 30 mintues. A few of the rides got a little long but nothing was too crazy. Have a great time!

the other micki
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
We just got back Sunday. The weather was wonderful! All sunny! Friday and Sat. were a little warmer than the other days (around 88 degrees). The crowds were definitely up. It was substantially more people there than when we went 3 years ago during the same time frame. That said, we still had an awesome time! We did everything we wanted to do and more. We did get to the parks early, but took things a relaxed pace. Most lines were about 20 minutes. The headliners could get up to around 40 minutes at midday, but hey, that's what FP is for!