PDA

View Full Version : Last minute trip dining?

Giselle
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
How difficult would it be to eat at Disney TS if I went on a last minute vacation either this next week or the week after? I'm thinking there is some free dining planners out there right now but it is before school gets out . . . so maybe it wouldn't be too impossible? Any thoughts?

GrumpyFan
05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
The crowds right now aren't too bad, but they're building as the month goes and grows closer to summer. Depending on how many are in your party, you should be able to get in to most TS restaurants, but you might have to wait a little while. You could always try and make some ADRs as soon as you know when you're going, as there may still be some available.

Goofeygal
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Restaurant Mericash (can't spell) in Morocco is easy to get into and very good. Boma is another you shouldn't have a problem getting into since it is a buffett.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-06-2009, 02:43 AM
You should be able to get into a restaurant every night, but you'll have to be flexible with times. I would make ADRs as soon as you book your trip. A few restaurants that don't seem as crazy (but are still good) are Grand Floridian Cafe (GF), Trails End Buffet (Fort Wilderness), Boatwrights Dining Hall (POR), Rose and Crown Pub (Epcot), Planet Hollywood (not on the DDP but you'll get a coupon for $15 in your packet) and Captains Grille (Yacht Club). Have fun and eat well!!!:mickey:

wdwfansince75
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
It does depend on the size of your party....it seems that even in the most crowded places, small parties can be fit in with only short waits. But it seems best, particularly at the park restaurants, to make ADR's ...The lobby concierges are very good at doing this...give them several choices for time and location, or even give them a time or time range, and ask for a recommendation....they will amaze you....with one day's notice, and a party of 14, we got Garden Grill for dinner....
It's not that we (I) don't plan, its that we (DW) change plans....and we (I) must find a way to make the new (DW's) plan work....That's why she loves me!...or at least, why she takes me to Disney.

DVC2004
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
You'll need to be more flex with you times and places but you should be able to get some. You need them regardless what time of year. The restaurants are always full now. Especailly for dinner.

Princess'Mom
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
These are great suggestions. We are going to the world 5/27-6/2. I haven't been successful at getting any ADRs for 1900 Park Fare. The only ADR I got for Crystal Palace was a 3:30 dinner. My DH wasn't too thrilled eating that early - but it was the best I could get. We don't really like to eat that early and we don't like to eat at 9:00pm either - and those seemed to be the only choices I had. So, I'm going to try for the hotel concierge angle.

Bruegge
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Check with your concierge at WL, smile and be nice he/she might have a nice table at a Sig restaurant at an off time for you also.

Scott