PDA

View Full Version : Family of five

WDWFRK
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I am helping a friend plan her trip to the World, and after evaluating her resort options, I think that POR might be the most economical for her family of five. I understand that the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section have a trundle for the fifth person, but can one of these rooms be guaranteed, or do you just make a reservation request and hope for the best?

Can they even let you book a package for five at a moderate resort without guaranteeing one of these trundle rooms? Help!!!

Niecyboo
05-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, if they book 5 people in a room at Port Orleans Riverside they would automatically get one of the trundle bed rooms. These beds are not a full sized bed, though. Disney usually prefers a child 9 or under stay in this bed, although a smaller pre-teen may fit. I have 3 kids myself and stay in this hotel often.

pooh0601
05-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Where else can you stay on Disney property without having to get a "suite" to fit 5 people? None of the values I would assume, and you say only POFQ out of all the mods?

Do all the "standard" rooms at the deluxe's fit 5 people?

Thanks!

MNNHFLTX
05-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Where else can you stay on Disney property without having to get a "suite" to fit 5 people? None of the values I would assume, and you say only POFQ out of all the mods?

Thanks!Standard rooms at most of the deluxes do allow five people--the exception would be Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge, which only allow four. Another option would be the Fort Wilderness Cabins, which fit six.

tink'72
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
A friend of mine booked his family of 6 at the Polynesian. That surprised me. My thinking is that it will be very tight.

gaffz70
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM
All star music has a family suite, my girlfriend just returned and loved it - she said it was great to be able to put the kids to bed in a separate room while the stayed up a little later

#1donaldfan
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
...if your booked as a family of 5, your a shoe in for a room that can accomodate 5 !!

wire0monkey
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
We deal with this by booking two adjoining rooms at a value resort. We like two rooms better than one suite, because two rooms gives us two bathrooms.

Mitzie
05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
We are also a family of 5. Kids are 12, 9 & 9(boy/girl twins). We stayed at POR in the AB section with the extra trundle bed...it worked great. My DS who is tall for his age was quiet comfy. It was nice when he didn't need it, that is just slid under the bed and was completely out of the way. We never had to request the AB section for the 5 of us, I guess I just assumed that is where we would automatically be. We loved our stay at POR.

WDWFRK
05-09-2009, 02:13 PM
We are also a family of 5. Kids are 12, 9 & 9(boy/girl twins). We stayed at POR in the AB section with the extra trundle bed...it worked great. My DS who is tall for his age was quiet comfy. It was nice when he didn't need it, that is just slid under the bed and was completely out of the way. We never had to request the AB section for the 5 of us, I guess I just assumed that is where we would automatically be. We loved our stay at POR.

That's great to hear! I think I'm going to suggest this option for her. Thanks.:mickey:

dancin Disney style
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM
If your friends are booking a room only ressie and have AAA the best option, financially, is 2 rooms at a value resort. That also does hinge on the time of year they are travelling. If they go in value season they will get 20% off the rooms with the AAA discount.

sainter
05-09-2009, 10:38 PM

Thanks!

It is actually POR, not POFQ that can accomodate 5 with the trundle bed.