PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Change??

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
So I thought I read on another thread that HM went through some sort of update? What is this and when was it...haven't been to the world since 06....:confused:

cinderella crazy
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
They updated some of the rooms. I've only ridden it once since they changed it and that was almost 2 years ago so I don't remember specifics. But I do know that I did like the changes. I think the graveyard scene changed and there was a room where they added footsteps on the ceiling. i'm sure someone else will have better info than me.

Tygger7
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
A complete refurb of Haunted Mansion was done late 2007/early 2008. They enhanced the audio and changed a few of the scenes. This is definitely one of the better updates Disney has done in recent years.

WDWFanatic
05-05-2009, 03:40 PM
We just got back and the changes they made are new pictures in the first hallway you go through in the doombuggy, on the first incline it's now endless stairs with footprints instead of spiderwebs. The attic is all different. The theme is a bride with many different grooms. I think those are the major changes. The audio is also much better.

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
We just got back and the changes they made are new pictures in the first hallway you go through in the doombuggy, on the first incline it's now endless stairs with footprints instead of spiderwebs. The attic is all different. The theme is a bride with many different grooms. I think those are the major changes. The audio is also much better.

They did a real good job too!:mickey:

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
YAY! I was a bit worried b/c it's one of my favorite rides! Now I am just excited to see what they've done with it!! :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
This is definitely one of the better updates Disney has done in recent years.

I agree. I'm one who hates for them to change anything, and I thought this was definitely an improvement!:thumbsup:

LarryBoy
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Did they spruce up the graveyard scene any? It was looking pretty raggedy before the refurb. The singing headstones messed up and some of the animatronics seemed real jerky. It needed some TLC.

MickeyMousse
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
This is definitely one of the better updates Disney has done in recent years.

:yes:
It is a great update to a great ride!

c&d
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
We got back and liked all the changes. They were subtle enough not to jump out at you. When we rode it we were oh, that's new, I like it.

Laughin' place
05-06-2009, 01:34 PM
The coolest change is subtle and easily missed. In the first room, after the lightening and the hanged figure up above, the gargoyles "speak". The voices are pretty quiet, and they move throughout the room ( a really cool effect). They urge you to leave the room, in whispers. You almost have to hang back and let the rest of the crowd leave to hear them, but its worth it:secret:

AdventurerKim
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I love the new changes! They blend well with the original ride. For once, Disney changed a ride for the better. :mickey: